Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RWD pre delivery hangout

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My EDD is 23-30/09, and I haven' t anything yet. But back calculating from this date range suggests, if EDD is to be believed, that it will be on a ship that sails early to mid next week. So l'm hoping for a VIN either just before, or just after Aug Bank Holiday weekend. Glovis Sun looks promising at the moment.
Thanks, fingers crossed. Promising so many of us have same EDD

If that is a Tesla order rather than lease then it matches everyone else’s EDD updates for RWBA from Q1. Those cars must be on a boat by now so I would say thats 90% :) congrats.
Thanks for the positivity! My order is directly through Tesla, yes. How do I know if my car is on a boat? Wouldn’t I have a VIN by now? I haven’t had one in source code or anything…

Reactions: Astrape
Thanks for the positivity! My order is directly through Tesla, yes. How do I know if my car is on a boat? Wouldn’t I have a VIN by now? I haven’t had one in source code or anything…
Not sure most of our cars are on a boat yet

Judging by Mr M’s posts in the shipping thread, there isn’t really any boats with scheduled arrival time into Southampton that lines up with our EDD’s. Mr M does suspect there could be another boat yet with the cut off around the 24th august for arrival to the UK before end of Q3.

Reactions: Millenium101
Yep, I'm lucky to still be on a 5p 00:30-4:30 and 15p outside of that until December.
I just missed out on this, but was lucky enough to lock in 7.5p/30.61p and 22p standing charge until April 2023 just before the fix price went up to its current level of 7.5p/39.84p/43.12p.

Fingers crossed for @Astrape that the tariff doesn’t rise further. I’m resigned to a massive bump in Go come April 2023 though.

Reactions: Astrape
Not sure most of our cars are on a boat yet

Judging by Mr M’s posts in the shipping thread, there isn’t really any boats with scheduled arrival time into Southampton that lines up with our EDD’s. Mr M does suspect there could be another boat yet with the cut off around the 24th august for arrival to the UK before end of Q3.
I think there is a good chance of a boat holding RWD’s leaving Shanghai in the next week, and I’d expect to see VIN’s allocated in source code by the 7th September approximately.

1st post 😄

Ordered midnight silver, black interior and aeros, early March… EDD has always been 10th November. Ordered through Lex Autolease (Company Car). Can not wait, there are only so many YouTube videos, Facebook group posts and forum posts you can read in anticipation 😂

Reactions: Danzr
For the 23-30 date to be realistic anyone know when should we expect the hidden vins?
From what I have picked up over the eternity that I have been waiting for the darn car it was ’usually’ when the ship went through the Suez and that was about 2 weeks before docking in Southampton … which corresponds with what someone on this forum has said previously, i.e. around the 7th September, so would expect a flurry of activity at that time. But then, just recently, it seems that VINs have been allocated shortly after leaving Shanghai, which is about 4 weeks sailing, and if that is the case we would expect to hear this week. I have just switched to the Octopus Intelligent tariff, which required me to borrow a neighbour‘s Ford Mustang MachE to prove that everything (including my Zappi charger) was working correctly (Octopus perform a test using the Octopus app). I am trying to remain optimistic, but have seen so many EDDs now I am struggling. I don’t mind the wait personally, it is the constant dangling on the end of a string by Tesla that I find frustrating. Tesla can dock in space and do all those other incredible things, but can’t predict when they might deliver a car to within 12 months 🤷‍♂️

FB53B4A7-D83D-4893-83DD-4260C6443849.jpeg

Just passed a truck of fresh RWD M3s on route to Trafford centre

From what I have picked up over the eternity that I have been waiting for the darn car it was ’usually’ when the ship went through the Suez and that was about 2 weeks before docking in Southampton … which corresponds with what someone on this forum has said previously, i.e. around the 7th September, so would expect a flurry of activity at that time. But then, just recently, it seems that VINs have been allocated shortly after leaving Shanghai, which is about 4 weeks sailing, and if that is the case we would expect to hear this week. I have just switched to the Octopus Intelligent tariff, which required me to borrow a neighbour‘s Ford Mustang MachE to prove that everything (including my Zappi charger) was working correctly (Octopus perform a test using the Octopus app). I am trying to remain optimistic, but have seen so many EDDs now I am struggling. I don’t mind the wait personally, it is the constant dangling on the end of a string by Tesla that I find frustrating. Tesla can dock in space and do all those other incredible things, but can’t predict when they might deliver a car to within 12 months 🤷‍♂️
You are right. I think it used to seem predictable but now they seem to assign VIN couple days after departing. You are so right about dangling the shoe string haha

Reactions: LoneRanger
What these lease companies do is wait until they have taken a big batch of orders before submitting their orders through tesla (likely due to getting some commercially agreed discount for ordering hundreds at a time and providing the company with plenty of liquidity)

So the question isn’t when did you place the order with the lease company… it’s more a question of asking your lease provider for info on when they ordered your car through Tesla.

Edit: As good as Mr M is with shipping information… do we really believe he knows what Tesla privately agrees with the lease companies. I suspect the bigger the lease company the more likely they are to receive some kind of discount.
Mr M is probably the most factually accurate member in the forum. Currently Hertz need Tesla more than Tesla needs them.