Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RWD pre delivery hangout

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hopefully these 2023 EDDs move forward. I dont understand how if you order a car now you have the same EDD to someone that ordered in January!
I'm not normally one for a conspiracy theory but does make me wonder if its because they're hoping you'll change spec/config and thus have to pay the new price? Which is of course significantly higher than back in Jan. We'll see what happens when the next boat is on its way, in theory we should see a good handful of VINs being handed out to folks in this thread?

I'm not normally one for a conspiracy theory but does make me wonder if its because they're hoping you'll change spec/config and thus have to pay the new price? Which is of course significantly higher than back in Jan. We'll see what happens when the next boat is on its way, in theory we should see a good handful of VINs being handed out to folks in this thread?
I understand that thought process and how tesla may want us to change spec. I take comfort in thinking that they should have built the car as we ordered them, not doing so is costing them more

Reactions: Ashdeman
Heres hoping my current EDD change is as BS as the rest of them have been so far... doesnt seem right to wait 7 months and have an EDD the same as if i ordered today!
Latest update, cancelled the appointment for dirty mark and panel fit issues, dirty mark wiped off 🤪 and two of the panel fit issues associated with trunk closure have disappeared and the third one was so minor it just wouldn’t be worth the upset of messing about with nuts, bolts and fasteners to rectify it … nobody else can see it other than me.

I have decided though to PPF the front bumper, mirror caps, sills and rear arch flares … just for peace of mind when out and about. The car is growing on me every day.

I agree with partywme, there will be a lot of Q4 deliveries irrespective of current EDDs into next year. So get thinking caps on for accessories and whether or not to PPF/ceramic coat is my advice 🤣
How are you finding the audio? This has been my only area of concern when I ordered RWD as I test drove Long Range with Premium Audio which was impressive. Great to hear your enjoying the car!

How are you finding the audio? This has been my only area of concern when I ordered RWD as I test drove Long Range with Premium Audio which was impressive. Great to hear your enjoying the car!
Hi Tonto 28, yes I forgot to comment on the audio and on the performance and ride. I really like the audio, it is clear, crisp and very balanced, flat response across the range in terms of frequency I would say. I haven’t fiddled with the audio settings at all. I am a bit of an audiophile I am sorry to say, I have a Naim setup which has no adjustments for treble, mid and bass and I rather like not messing about too much with what the manufacturer has dialled in. When I went for a test drive in the LR with the premium interior, however, the first thing I did was turn down the bass … I am not a heavy bass fan. The RWD certainly doesn’t seem to be short on speakers or sound quality. Honestly, I find the hifi to be perfect, I really like it. Spotify sounds really good. I had reservations too, but for me they were unfounded.

The car may not be a Plaid, but it is darn quick and effortlessly so. It feels like a transporter rather than a car. The motor is silent in general use, makes a very pleasant noise if pushed hard (like you have engaged warp speed) and sounds like an alien spaceship when reversing. The ride is firm, I heard somewhere that it is reminiscent of a rear wheel drive sporty 3 series BMW and I think that isn’t far of the mark. Personally, I am glad I went for the aeros as I wouldn’t want the harder drive and increased tire noise from the larger alloys.

Mats are included, they are okay … a bit on the light weight side. Mudflaps in the boot, but I haven’t fitted them yet … not sure whether I will. Charging cables x 2. USB in the glove box. Nice first aid kit. Haven’t driven it at night yet, but will be doing on Friday. Oh, and I still need to suss out the voice commands. The autopilot and traffic aware cruise control are great and intuitive to use.

The entry RWD is definitely a sweetspot in the Tesla range. They are worth waiting for and you will love it.

Last edited:
Hi Tonto 28, yes I forgot to comment on the audio and on the performance and ride. I really like the audio, it is clear, crisp and very balanced, flat response across the range in terms of frequency I would say. I haven’t fiddled with the audio settings at all. I am a bit of an audiophile I am sorry to say, I have a Naim setup which has no adjustments for treble, mid and bass and I rather like not messing about too much with what the manufacturer has dialled in. When I went for a test drive in the LR with the premium interior, however, the first thing I did was turn down the bass … I am not a heavy bass fan. The RWD certainly doesn’t seem to be short on speakers or sound quality. Honestly, I find the hifi to be perfect, I really like it. Spotify sounds really good. I had reservations too, but for me they were unfounded.

The car may not be a Plaid, but it is darn quick and effortlessly so. It feels like a transporter rather than a car. The motor is silent in general use, makes a very pleasant noise if pushed hard (like you have engaged warp speed) and sounds like an alien spaceship when reversing. The ride is firm, I heard somewhere that it is reminiscent of a rear wheel drive sporty 3 series BMW and I think that isn’t far of the mark. Personally, I am glad I went for the aeros as I wouldn’t want the harder drive and increased tire noise from the larger alloys.

Mats are included, they are okay … a bit on the light weight side. Mudflaps in the boot, but I haven’t fitted them yet … not sure whether I will. Charging cables x 2. USB in the glove box. Nice first aid kit. Haven’t driven it at night yet, but will be doing on Friday. Oh, and I still need to suss out the voice commands. The autopilot and traffic aware cruise control are great and intuitive to use.

The entry RWD is definitely a sweetspot in the Tesla range. They are worth waiting for and you will love it.
Thanks for your reply LoneRanger, that’s all really reassuring to read. With the long wait for delivery the odd doubt creeps in from time to time and the audio has definitely been a reoccurring one for me. I agree the LR version was a bit bass heavy.

Reactions: LoneRanger
Thanks for your reply LoneRanger, that’s all really reassuring to read. With the long wait for delivery the odd doubt creeps in from time to time and the audio has definitely been a reoccurring one for me. I agree the LR version was a bit bass heavy.
I am another audio geek - B&W / Transparent cables / Copland semivalve amp. I dont fuss too much about audio in the car because its in a big metal box, so its never going to sound right, but I had the test car for 3 hours and with a little adjustment on the EQ I found it perfectly acceptable. I think I took a little out of the presence and top treble, and then it sounded a little less busy. But hey my ears are attuned to a little valve softening..... at least when I am not on my Adam studio monitors. I did think the speakers had been positioned for sound distribution really nicely.

Had a thought regarding PPF which may be of interest to others ... I have asked the guy who is doing them to cut around the parking sensors. He assures me that the PPF will not affect performance of the sensors, but I am taking no chances with warranty, insurance or performance. He did say that all the Teslas he has done recently have not had this done, but he was more than happy to do it for me. It is booked in for the 18th, so hopefully no stone chips or anything else for that matter before then. When it has been done, I am planning on using Autoglym's ceramic spray and doing that bit myself. :)

Reactions: dajw2793 and M3UK
Had a thought regarding PPF which may be of interest to others ... I have asked the guy who is doing them to cut around the parking sensors. He assures me that the PPF will not affect performance of the sensors, but I am taking no chances with warranty, insurance or performance. He did say that all the Teslas he has done recently have not had this done, but he was more than happy to do it for me. It is booked in for the 18th, so hopefully no stone chips or anything else for that matter before then. When it has been done, I am planning on using Autoglym's ceramic spray and doing that bit myself. :)
What are they charging for ppf?

What are they charging for ppf?
£350 for the bumper, £100 for the dog legs where the sills meet the rear wheel arch, and £150 for the sills. I haven't tried anywhere other than this one PPF fitter, he gets good reviews so I will just go with him. He cuts his own sheets rather than using pre-cut pieces ... which affects price more than anything I think, as in it is more cost effective all round.

Reactions: dajw2793
Will there even be parking sensors on the cars delivered from October onwards with the recent announcement of fully transitioning to Tesla vision

Will there even be parking sensors on the cars delivered from October onwards with the recent announcement of fully transitioning to Tesla vision
I read that too Lewis, possibly not by the sounds of it ... pesky little things parking sensors ... I would rather have them than not have them of course, but if there is a better way of doing it, it has to be a good thing. My car is already old tech! 🤣

Reactions: Jon_UK and dajw2793
It does seem a strange feeling that they are removing technology that has been in cars for years. They obviously know what they are doing with the technology advancements and I’ll keep my trust in them for that. Bring on next week anyway, hopefully some ships have departed and VINs are on their way
They are always looking to engineer cost out of the build, so fewer components and less wiring will save them a few quid on every one they produce. My fingers are crossed for ships next week, but having been disappointed at the end of Q3, I am trying to keep my excitement at a sensible level

Reactions: LoneRanger