Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RWD pre delivery hangout

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm a lease customer with Lex. Ordered 23/01/22. I had a Tesla Live Chat last week where they said I had been 'soft matched' to a car and to expect a text within 7-14(+) days. I had another chat with Tesla earlier today who said a car is on the way and logistics are being worked out to give me an accurate delivery time and that I should receive communication soon to arrange collection/delivery.
Have you got a hidden vin or do you not get that info with a lease order?

Have you got a hidden vin or do you not get that info with a lease order?
No I can't see that with a lease order. So I'm purely going off what those at Tesla tell me. I had a feeling it was close though, reason being ever since I put the order in I've had constant emails (every month or so) from the lease company saying it has been delayed and this is the new estimated date etc. However, not had one of those notifications now since July/August so felt something was happening.

Reactions: mrrwdplym
Just messaged tesla chat, this was a response
'So I have had a look for you, a VIN has not yet been assigned to your order however your estimate is showing as December. Once a VIN has been assigned, we will reach out to the lease company to let them know so they can update you. We will also send you a text once we are able to book your collection. Please note, the delivery window is only an estimate up until a VIN has been assigned to your order'

They also said the VIN assignments are still ongoing so I may yet receive one soon with the boats recently loaded.

I've ordered through Octupus and what they have told me lately is that they expect me to get the car in November. I've chatted with Tesla and they told me the edd is December. So for what it is worth, and knowing that there are 2 boats on their way to the UK, I'm just trying to "keep calm" and hope I'll get either a text from Tesla or an email from Octupus with an exact delivery date.

Reactions: Millenium101
Vins usually get given when boat is going through Suez Canal which is in a week or so time for glovis summit
Recently it's been more likely near Singapore the VINs have dropped - and I think the VINs have dropped from Glovis Summit on the 21st, reasonable to assume if you don't have a VIN yet it's not on Glovis Summit.

Glovis Summit seems to be carrying RWD Model Ys primarily

Lease car, just chatted with Tesla and I have a VIN allocated 😁. Won't give me it though as need to ask lease company so I can order my wall charger. What ship would my car be on?
Ah now thats the business, same spec and order date after mine. You've made my evening, gonna go find a beer !

Charger install is on 14th Nov so hopium is building for it all to line up nicely.

Reactions: TimboUK
Ah now thats the business, same spec and order date after mine. You've made my evening, gonna go find a beer !

Charger install is on 14th Nov so hopium is building for it all to line up nicely.
Decided to try my luck with Tesla chat.
VIN LRW3F7FS8PC669 off to study the suspected VIN numbering / boats.
EDD 25th Nov onwards.
Claimed not to have info on which boat.

Reactions: TimboUK
Decided to try my luck with Tesla chat.
VIN LRW3F7FS8PC669 off to study the suspected VIN numbering / boats.
EDD 25th Nov onwards.
Claimed not to have info on which boat.
Boat looks a bit of a toss up.
The VIN is higher than others reported for Glovis Summit and the date aligns with RCC Europe arriving at Southampton.
On the other hand the RCC Europe VIN shower hasnt started yet (though sometimes people get early indication of VINs when asking the advisers)
So it a toss-up. Not that it matters since the boats will arrive close to a week apart.... the beers and fish and chips are calling.

Recently it's been more likely near Singapore the VINs have dropped - and I think the VINs have dropped from Glovis Summit on the 21st, reasonable to assume if you don't have a VIN yet it's not on Glovis Summit.

Glovis Summit seems to be carrying RWD Model Ys primarily

I’ve got a “hidden” vin (these can disappear)

I’m talking about a confirmation text with the VIN.