Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RWD pre delivery hangout

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Collected today from the Trafford Centre. Car not cleaned (I wasn’t too bothered after reading some of the valeting horror stories). No issues with any of the paint work or quality of the car. I’ve fallen straight in love with it!

Car had 15 miles on odometer and 46% charge when collecting.

Lack of parking sensors is a little annoying considering I’ve spent best part of £50k on it! But hopefully that update comes soon enough 🤞🤞
Picking up at Trafford tmrw. I’d asked them not to wash it and they said they don’t, as they get washed at port. Thank Fk for that I said. 😂
No sensors, but do you stil
Have rear camera?

Reactions: M3UK and Will97
Yeah still have rear camera. I have a few obstacles when backing into my drive, 2 pillars I have to contend with watching the front of the car, a garage that sticks out for the rear 3/4 of the car and then to back right up to the wall to ensure there’s no overhang onto the pavement.

Sensors would make my life a little easier but like I say, hopefully the update won’t be too long (not that I will be holding my breath 😂).

It’s a bloody great car though and cannot wait for the first 350 mile round journey on Thursday/Friday.

Reactions: dajw2793 and M3UK
Yeah still have rear camera. I have a few obstacles when backing into my drive, 2 pillars I have to contend with watching the front of the car, a garage that sticks out for the rear 3/4 of the car and then to back right up to the wall to ensure there’s no overhang onto the pavement.

Sensors would make my life a little easier but like I say, hopefully the update won’t be too long (not that I will be holding my breath 😂).

It’s a bloody great car though and cannot wait for the first 350 mile round journey on Thursday/Friday.
Let us know how this goes on

Reactions: dajw2793 and Will97
Picked up my M3 yesterday from Southampton. Well worth the wait, the car was perfect (apart from being slightly dusty but I’d rather that than scratched!). Can’t believe it’s the slowest model, plenty fast enough for me. Set up Octopus Intelligent when I got home & it seems to have behaved as expected overnight. Can’t wait to drive to work this morning 😂

Hi all, I’ve just got home from my collection at Southampton today and I immediately wanted to pop a post up for those also eagerly awaiting their car. I know I’ve thoroughly enjoyed reading other peoples collection posts so I hope this is of some use to someone else.

As I’m sure others will agree, ordering a Tesla is no plain sailing. I had some issues with the finance a few months back. Ordered in April. For some reason they changed the deposit amount out of the blue, initially the call handler advised it was a mistake and they’d added a note and sent me an email that they would correct ASAP. This didn’t happen for a couple of months so I called up again, the call handler added another note to my account. Got to a few weeks before collection, the deposit amount still hadn’t changed so called again, the call handler I then spoke to advised he had just spoken to Tesla Financial Services and advised they can’t ’won’t’ change it despite being their problem. Knowing Tesla and their ways I just decided to pay what they changed the amount to but left me with a sour taste with their service or lack there of in a certain instance.

Anyway, collection day loomed and counting down the sleeps was like waiting for Father Christmas to leave the presents!
Then, the alarm clock sounded this morning and I was giddy and on my way to Southampton docks. I saw Glovis Safety still docked, I felt like I have a certain relationship with this ship since tracking it from Shanghai! Reading that back it does sound slightly odd.

I saw my car parked up having a valet and wanted to shout ”don’t touch that car” but I withheld and instead briskly walked to the reception to sign in to get my hands behind the wheel.

It’s a learning curve getting used to all of the functions on the screen, but oh my, I can safely say that from my point of view, the build, sound system, drive, infotainment, everything is a step above the Audi A3, BMW 3 Series and Mercedes GLC I’ve owned in the past and I didnt think I would be saying that going by some other opinions. All of the issues I had with the customer service team previously simply disappeared.

No USS - the cameras seem perfect enough. I’d love something for the front end though.
Came with both mobile charger and the other cable (sorry not too sure what it’s called) but neat nonetheless.
Had the hypervolt installed yesterday and so far charging like a dream.
no issues, scratches, dents that I could see with the car but I’ll be sure to have another once over whilst still in the 7 days/ 100 miles threshold.
I have an update apparently so need to work out connecting to home wifi etc.

for the main event -

Attachments

• 512C2BEE-0E29-4B55-92DE-FED9BA404C57.jpeg
    512C2BEE-0E29-4B55-92DE-FED9BA404C57.jpeg
    414.9 KB · Views: 50
  • 3DB99D30-E830-4CA8-960F-ADC2B56310EC.jpeg
    3DB99D30-E830-4CA8-960F-ADC2B56310EC.jpeg
    808.9 KB · Views: 49
  • D2125B10-8B7C-4B18-93C0-67A6B90277FA.jpeg
    D2125B10-8B7C-4B18-93C0-67A6B90277FA.jpeg
    297.5 KB · Views: 46
  • 7D9AC930-8A0F-4956-836A-D8855071F307.jpeg
    7D9AC930-8A0F-4956-836A-D8855071F307.jpeg
    426.1 KB · Views: 42
  • 04E82066-6F61-4690-BAF1-FE5E5D358A48.jpeg
    04E82066-6F61-4690-BAF1-FE5E5D358A48.jpeg
    109.1 KB · Views: 44
Got mine this morning. 100% covered in frost :p but boy o boy was it worth the wait. Unbelievable car. Also pleasantly surprised that it has the sub-woofer........I thought I'd read that they weren't included in the rwd.

What a car!!
Not trying to be smart because (obviously) I am not, but how do you know it has a subwoofer? Also if that is the case, does it have the speakers at the top of the front door pillars?

Reactions: dajw2793
Not trying to be smart because (obviously) I am not, but how do you know it has a subwoofer? Also if that is the case, does it have the speakers at the top of the front door pillars?
It has the speaker along the full length of the dash and the speakers at the top of each 'A' pillar. I was surprised so I asked the chap about sub-woofer and he said yes........ 👍

Reactions: Jon_UK and M3UK
It’s not coming- Tesla called to say the driver had a blowout on the way to pick it up.. 🤔
So I will be going on a road trip to collect! Which is a massive pain.
They gave me the same excuse on Saturday when I was waiting for mine, had to drive to Brent Cross to collect it myself, luckily it was only an hour drive from home. Well worth it though, the car is amazing 👍

They gave me the same excuse on Saturday when I was waiting for mine, had to drive to Brent Cross to collect it myself, luckily it was only an hour drive from home. Well worth it though, the car is amazing 👍
Did they really?! 🤣 If they couldn’t deliver they should have said yesterday and I could have gone down today to get it seeing as I was off work especially anyway. They’re paying for travel costs though, it’s just getting off work that’s the pain.

Picking up at Trafford tmrw. I’d asked them not to wash it and they said they don’t, as they get washed at port. Thank Fk for that I said. 😂
No sensors, but do you stil
Have rear camera?
I can't see why they would leave it unwashed. Southampton to Manchester on back of a transporter is bound to throw up dirt. Again it's the premium aspect. You expect it to be washed and polished and n the process any defects in paintwork corrected before you see the car. Even "Arthur Daily" used car sales do that. Is it just Trafford centre that aren't washing or cleaning the cars before pick up?

I can't see why they would leave it unwashed. Southampton to Manchester on back of a transporter is bound to throw up dirt. Again it's the premium aspect. You expect it to be washed and polished and n the process any defects in paintwork corrected before you see the car. Even "Arthur Daily" used car sales do that. Is it just Trafford centre that aren't washing or cleaning the cars before pick up?
Not sure pal. The car was dirty, but prob more dust than dirt. Couldn’t check the paintwork as it was completely frozen over. Defrosted it via the app, checked absolutely everything that was on my 7 page checklist (OCD on my part 🤷‍♂️) then drove it home. It had 7 miles on the clock and 46% charge. The cameras calibrated after about 30 mins 👍

OnlY issue was the premium connectivity wasn’t working, but they’ve taken it on board and said it would be sorted within 24 hours.
Got it home, washed it and dried it off, paintwork looks amazing. I’m one seriously happy bunny now after 5 months of angst.
Well worth the wait.
Having only driven them on 30-45 min test drives, it’s 1,000,000% even better driving your own, it may just be me, but it just feels so much better.

That’s said, I now know how Captain Kirk and Jean Luc Piccard felt 🤪👀