Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RWD pre delivery hangout

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It has the speaker along the full length of the dash and the speakers at the top of each 'A' pillar. I was surprised so I asked the chap about sub-woofer and he said yes........ šŸ‘
Wonder where it is installed, going to have to check mine as soon as I get back to Heathrow. Assuming my battery not flat after 11 days (resisting the temptation to open app and look!)

Reactions: dajw2793
Not sure pal. The car was dirty, but prob more dust than dirt. Couldnā€™t check the paintwork as it was completely frozen over. Defrosted it via the app, checked absolutely everything that was on my 7 page checklist (OCD on my part šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø) then drove it home. It had 7 miles on the clock and 46% charge. The cameras calibrated after about 30 mins šŸ‘

OnlY issue was the premium connectivity wasnā€™t working, but theyā€™ve taken it on board and said it would be sorted within 24 hours.
Got it home, washed it and dried it off, paintwork looks amazing. Iā€™m one seriously happy bunny now after 5 months of angst.
Well worth the wait.
Having only driven them on 30-45 min test drives, itā€™s 1,000,000% even better driving your own, it may just be me, but it just feels so much better.

Thatā€™s said, I now know how Captain Kirk and Jean Luc Piccard felt šŸ¤ŖšŸ‘€
Glad to hear youā€™re happy! Iā€™d rather them leave mine unwashed and as minimal touching as possible personally!

Christmas Eve canā€™t come soon enough šŸ˜‚

I can't see why they would leave it unwashed. Southampton to Manchester on back of a transporter is bound to throw up dirt. Again it's the premium aspect. You expect it to be washed and polished and n the process any defects in paintwork corrected before you see the car. Even "Arthur Daily" used car sales do that. Is it just Trafford centre that aren't washing or cleaning the cars before pick up?
They told me this would happen because of Trafford regulations regarding waste water. They could not get permission to use chemicals to wash them and were even denied the ability to wash them with water only because there may have been chemicals already on the car ! Blame Trafford water disposal regulations, not Tesla in this instance ! They were trying to apply for a car washing facility and were denied.

They told me this would happen because of Trafford regulations regarding waste water. They could not get permission to use chemicals to wash them and were even denied the ability to wash them with water only because there may have been chemicals already on the car ! Blame Trafford water disposal regulations, not Tesla in this instance ! They were trying to apply for a car washing facility and were denied.
Move location then. Sure another council would take their business rates and custom.

Move location then. Sure another council would take their business rates and custom.
Dealer washing is always a slap dash affair no matter the dealer.

My last few cars were pretty poor from new from the dealer one of which Iā€™d paid a premium to have LifeShine coating poorly installed, they appeared clean but were already swirled and it was obvious theyā€™d been rushed through.

You shouldnā€™t be getting a filthy car but realistically the worst you should have is a bit of water spotting and road film, itā€™s not going to be covered in sand and mud like itā€™s been on the Dakar Rally.

Iā€™m not excusing it, it should be clean and cleaned well but thereā€™s a reason most detailing hobbyists and enthusiasts specifically request no dealer cleaning or valeting - as long as I can still inspect it effectively Iā€™d rather it be totally left alone. A bit of road film washes off, swirls and defects from a rushed cleaning team at a delivery centre will need more effort to correct.

As soon as you drive it away itā€™s going to be more dirty than it was before anyway at this time of year.

Last edited:
Reactions: Frankcjd
I was overjoyed they hadn't washed it tbh šŸ‘

Reactions: Frankcjd
Read on different websites that Tesla is probably backflipping on the decision to remove the radars from the car and switching on a full camera technology.
They probably realised itā€™s not achievable to have the same safety and reliability of the USS without even a radar? As since last May they also removed that..
Iā€™m really curious to see what happens now, as they announced that a new radar system will be available from mid January ā€˜23 (again, just read it on different websites, didnā€™t see any official communication from Tesla).
And what about us then? Are they gonna install a new hardware (USS or Radar) free of charge? As itā€™s total BS if we got these cars right in the period where they thought they could make it and they actually didnā€™t, and we end up having a 50k car without even a basic system that a 5k car has!
Anybody knows more?

I collected from Trafford yesterday and was underwhelmed by the experience. My collection time was 1130 but it took me 20 minutes wandering around with the assistance of Google Maps to find the collection site. There was a queue, though when I was seen the process was quite quick.

The state of the car, though, was very bad.
IMG-20221207-WA0001.jpg
It was sandwiched between two others and frozen almost solid. It was filthy dirty.

20221207_120523.jpg

There wasn't much I could do to inspect it between the lack of room, the covering of ice and all the dirt. I checked it over as best I could. To add insult to injury, the car park was heavily salted and I ended up treading salt into the car.

There was condensation in the rear lights and the driver's door pillar camera.

I moved over to the Superchargers and connected it up, to find that I was automatically limited to an 80% charge due to the site being busy, and that, presumably because the LFP battery was a block of ice, the maximum I could get was 27kw. I drove it home and the cameras calibrated in a few miles, though I kept getting warnings abut the one on the driver's door pillar being blocked - whether that was the condensation or the low sun angle I am not sure.

I couldn't wash it when I got home because I had other things that I had to do, but mainly because my drive is sloping and doesn't drain that well, if I got it wet then it would be an ice rink today. The local hand car wash closed a month ago. I did take it out briefly yesterday evening, but since then it has been sitting on the granny charger (haven't got a wall box in yet) trying to get it to that magic 100% to calibrate. Fortunately I am WFH today, and may have a short window over lunchtime, but it is on the drive still frozen and still dirty.

I do need to use it tomorrow for an 80-odd mile round trip for work, so here's hoping.

The car seems ok but Tesla have to do a lot of work on the customer experience,

I collected from Trafford yesterday and was underwhelmed by the experience. My collection time was 1130 but it took me 20 minutes wandering around with the assistance of Google Maps to find the collection site. There was a queue, though when I was seen the process was quite quick.

The state of the car, though, was very bad. View attachment 882717It was sandwiched between two others and frozen almost solid. It was filthy dirty.

View attachment 882718

There wasn't much I could do to inspect it between the lack of room, the covering of ice and all the dirt. I checked it over as best I could. To add insult to injury, the car park was heavily salted and I ended up treading salt into the car.

There was condensation in the rear lights and the driver's door pillar camera.

I moved over to the Superchargers and connected it up, to find that I was automatically limited to an 80% charge due to the site being busy, and that, presumably because the LFP battery was a block of ice, the maximum I could get was 27kw. I drove it home and the cameras calibrated in a few miles, though I kept getting warnings abut the one on the driver's door pillar being blocked - whether that was the condensation or the low sun angle I am not sure.

I couldn't wash it when I got home because I had other things that I had to do, but mainly because my drive is sloping and doesn't drain that well, if I got it wet then it would be an ice rink today. The local hand car wash closed a month ago. I did take it out briefly yesterday evening, but since then it has been sitting on the granny charger (haven't got a wall box in yet) trying to get it to that magic 100% to calibrate. Fortunately I am WFH today, and may have a short window over lunchtime, but it is on the drive still frozen and still dirty.

I do need to use it tomorrow for an 80-odd mile round trip for work, so here's hoping.

The car seems ok but Tesla have to do a lot of work on the customer experience,
Thanks for sharing your experience, How much charge was on the car when you collected it?

Read on different websites that Tesla is probably backflipping on the decision to remove the radars from the car and switching on a full camera technology.
They probably realised itā€™s not achievable to have the same safety and reliability of the USS without even a radar? As since last May they also removed that..
Iā€™m really curious to see what happens now, as they announced that a new radar system will be available from mid January ā€˜23 (again, just read it on different websites, didnā€™t see any official communication from Tesla).
And what about us then? Are they gonna install a new hardware (USS or Radar) free of charge? As itā€™s total BS if we got these cars right in the period where they thought they could make it and they actually didnā€™t, and we end up having a 50k car without even a basic system that a 5k car has!
Anybody knows more?
I think it's inevitable and likely tied to HW4 - they won't retrofit as that's the reason for the confidential memo to avoid spooking anyone with orders and likely explains the new push that any outstanding orders need to be completed by the 23rd to guarantee finance rates etc.

As with any modern consumer technology the longer you wait usually the better it gets, but you have to take the plunge sometime. I don't see HW4 speeding up UK/EU regulation unlocking which is preventing FSD being released to the same level as the US anyway so I don't think it makes any difference really.

But just as there are unicorns there are also gremlin models and ours without USS may end up being the gremlin of the M3 range.

Just a quickie. We get supplied with the 2 charging cables etc. was there supposed to be an adapter that you fit onto a non-Tesla charger that allows it to fit into our cars or is that a separate purchase?
Youā€™ll probably have Type 2 and CCS2 connectors on your car and cables not Tesla connectors ones like in the US or earlier EU models - so you shouldnā€™t need an adaptor.

Ok thanks. Itā€™s all a bit new to me so a bit clueless re charging other than at home. Better put my big boy pants on and go and try an external ev point šŸ‘
Enjoy, your car port takes CCS2 for rapid charging and type 2 for slower home charging, so the cables with the car are type 2.

Using type 2 your car is the charger and the cable just a delivery source whether itā€™s a granny charger or a wall box / slow charger. These provide AC current to the car.

Fast chargers use CCS2 which is basically the same cable with the extra bit at the bottom with 2 pins which provide the DC current straight to the vehicle. In this case the charge point is the charger rather than your vehicle.