Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RWD pre delivery hangout

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah it does, it means on average you’ve got 3.6mi/kWh out of it which if the majority of those 115 miles were done in the last day it means the Tesla in the cold is more efficient than my current vehicle is in summer. About twice as efficient in similar temps.

Also suggest a real world range in the cold of about 215 miles based on a 60kwh battery

Yeah it does, it means on average you’ve got 3.6mi/kWh out of it which if the majority of those 115 miles were done in the last day it means the Tesla in the cold is more efficient than my current vehicle is in summer. About twice as efficient in similar temps.

Also suggest a real world range in the cold of about 215 miles based on a 60kwh battery
That's good to hear, cheers. Did about 60 yesterday, 50 ish today. Heating been on, heated seats, heated steering wheel, Defrost mode yesterday on pick up as it looked like a scene from the Titanic and then I preconditioned it this morning and then gave it another zap on defrost. That said, probably half of the miles have been on Motorways, so I guess that would have a bearing on figures.

Reactions: M3UK
That's good to hear, cheers. Did about 60 yesterday, 50 ish today. Heating been on, heated seats, heated steering wheel, Defrost mode yesterday on pick up as it looked like a scene from the Titanic and then I preconditioned it this morning and then gave it another zap on defrost. That said, probably half of the miles have been on Motorways, so I guess that would have a bearing on figures.
Yep! Usually a negative bearing though

Yeah I think 70mph vs 50mph is about a 30% reduction in range can’t find a source though so take with a grain of salt! There are some range calculators on other manufacturer sites to give you an idea though!
Its worth playing with the ambient conditions and speeds in A Better Route Planner, great way of getting an idea how the car will be affected by different conditions. My range is about 220 in current temperatures for local pottering about in hilly countryside.

Successfully picked up at Brent Cross after the failed delivery yesterday.
Bit of a wait in the cabin as both people in front of me were having dramas. My handover was also a pain as the final invoice hadn’t been generated somehow despite being checked yesterday.. Guy was helpful though and got sorted pretty quick.
Car was perfect in every way, not a mark on it and super clean in and out, just a bit icy. 40% charge and 7 miles on odo. Took a bit of walking around to find it.
It had appeared on the app by the time I found the car so that was handy.

We had our collection on Tuesday from Staines.
Luckily the weather was good, A few minor issues with the car, mostly some small scratches and a quite audible rattle coming from the drivers side pillar.

At least 2x full transporters of cars coming in while we were onsite and hundreds of cars parked up, All of the collection is outside not covered so would be very disappointed if it had rained on collection.

Sad to see a bunch of probably well low paid workers outside in the freezing cold going around and washing cars with mucky cloths. They all looked pretty sad too, did feel for them.

Tesla probably has one of the worst handovers in the car industry, wasn't expecting anything less to be fair after seeing how its done from other people's collections.
They wanted us to sign to say it was free of defects before we even saw the car!

Anyway car is booked in for a service, let's hope they can put it right. Other than this it drives well and feels fast even for a standard RWD.
I hope Tesla upgrade the delivery sites and experience more across the board.

Seems like some collection sites have a better experience than others.

Mine for some reasons gives me 267mi on a 100% battery charge?
Efficiency is amazing I must say. Did in 10 days 1800mi (yeah I drive a lot lol) and I get an average of 230 wh/mi, that’s about 4.3 miles per kw driving at 65mph on a motorway. Even today, with freezing temperature outside, I drove 132mi using only 30kw, 65mph on the autopilot, heated seat and preheating the cabin before driving. I’m really amazed!
I noticed that the difference between 70mph and 65mph is huge in terms of consumption. So I’m happy to sacrifice 5mph in order to get a lot of efficiency more!
Only annoying thing are the sensors 😂 I really can’t get over it! Very annoyed, mostly if they’re going to put back the radar on the new models and leave us without any parking assist like distance measurements and obstacle detection!!

Curious about something now: if you have the enhanced autopilot, you can’t use the auto-parking right? So what if you took it as add on and they’ll never release a software that manages to measure the distance? You’ve got an Enhanced autopilot that can only change lane automatically without all the other features available?

Only annoying thing are the sensors 😂 I really can’t get over it! Very annoyed, mostly if they’re going to put back the radar on the new models and leave us without any parking assist like distance measurements and obstacle detection!!

Curious about something now: if you have the enhanced autopilot, you can’t use the auto-parking right? So what if you took it as add on and they’ll never release a software that manages to measure the distance? You’ve got an Enhanced autopilot that can only change lane automatically without all the other features available?
As someone who paid for Enhanced Autopilot, I ask myself the same question. Ok, what I really wanted was Navigate on Autopilot and autopark probably wasn't high on my list, though there are times when it would be useful. Somehow I've never had a car of my own that had ultrasonic parking sensors, though I've driven several belonging to wife and family that did, so I've never really relied on them. But a contract is a contract, and if they aren't going to honour their side of the bargain then I want some money back.