Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RWD pre delivery hangout

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They told me this would happen because of Trafford regulations regarding waste water. They could not get permission to use chemicals to wash them and were even denied the ability to wash them with water only because there may have been chemicals already on the car ! Blame Trafford water disposal regulations, not Tesla in this instance ! They were trying to apply for a car washing facility and were denied.
That would mean there are no commercial car washes in the Metropolitan Borough of Trafford. While generally I visit Manchester and Salford rather than Trafford, I have my doubts!

That would mean there are no commercial car washes in the Metropolitan Borough of Trafford. While generally I visit Manchester and Salford rather than Trafford, I have my doubts!
There is one very close in fact, H2O detailing who probably got in before more recent regulations. So it doesn’t mean there are no commercial car washes. All I assume is that Tesla we’re not approved for that facility in that location in a recent application.

It was me @Jon_UK and @M3UK with Christmas Eve collections at Trafford right? I’m dead curious what ship we were on cos there are people on ships that haven’t arrived yet with earlier deliveries 😂
I asked via text as to, "now I've collected the car, out of interest, can you tell me what ship it came on"

Reply - "Our vessel names are not public knowledge so this is not something I could confirm"

I layman's terms I read this as 🖕🖕🖕🖕

Reactions: M3UK and Danzr
My Model 3 was delivered by a nice chap called steve on the 7th. I have had my first trip in it today (I was away with work when it was delivered) and it has been excellent, a 100 mile round trip on a roads and the M5, trying cruise control, autopilot, navigation, parking with no USS (just like old school parking but the rear camera is pretty good so backing in has been okay) and using Bluetooth audio. The car is very quiet and surprisingly (maybe even startlingly fast!) so that's an added bonus. In the past I had test driven a model 3 performance and that was nuts and I was a little concerned that the RWD would be a let down, however I am pleased to say its not! Another bonus was the defrost button this morning scheduled at the time I was leaving so no cold hands trying to scrape the windscreen.

I'm still getting used to the UI but had auto wipers on all day and even with loads of road salt they have (so far) performed perfectly (no dry wipes, but wiping when a passing truck went through a puddle and splashed the car).

I think 6 months of waiting and then worrying over all the little issues you see on the forums actually gave me some anxiety however I am pleased with the car and look forward to many miles with her!

The posts on here have been really good for filling the time so thank you for all the messages, I am now not waiting for a RWD so will probably stop following the group good luck and I hope your cars all meet your expectations!

It was me @Jon_UK and @M3UK with Christmas Eve collections at Trafford right? I’m dead curious what ship we were on cos there are people on ships that haven’t arrived yet with earlier deliveries 😂
Mine is the same day at Trafford Centre and they told me it was on THRUXTON a while ago, I did post that fact. It just docked in Piraeus in Greece.. Next stop Koper Mr M doubted it was a Tesla carrier though. So we shall see.

Picked up car today, Model 3 Black RWD from Blue Water, very fast service. Got the impression the staff were only handing out keys and any problems would have to be logged on the app.

All good no problems I can see at the moment with the condition of the car. Very pleased with it😁

Charge was at 40%

The only problem is getting my Gen 3 charge point to work at home.
Just seem to have a solid blue light at the moment.

And won’t charge😒

Any ideas???

Picked up car today, Model 3 Black RWD from Blue Water, very fast service. Got the impression the staff were only handing out keys and any problems would have to be logged on the app.

All good no problems I can see at the moment with the condition of the car. Very pleased with it😁

Charge was at 40%

The only problem is getting my Gen 3 charge point to work at home.
Just seem to have a solid blue light at the moment.

And won’t charge😒

Any ideas???
I had that. Get the car to hook up to your home wi-fi, as your charger will also be hooked up to home wi-fi

Reactions: Millenium101
Update for info, the car charged correctly at the supercharger, still on hold with Tesla to sort this home charging problem out. Could be ac charger problem in car ?

Other than that the car is fantastic.

One question doesn’t it have audible parking sensors?.

Update for info, the car charged correctly at the supercharger, still on hold with Tesla to sort this home charging problem out. Could be ac charger problem in car ?

No they removed the ultrasonic sensors for vehicles manufactured from October

It should be restored in a future update.

Reactions: AndyEVTM3

Or a dodgy charger! I had a similar issue with my Ohme. The first charger was duff and was replaced.

Reactions: AndyEVTM3