Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RWD pre delivery hangout

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Clean cloth soaked in fairy liquid in washing up bowl, hot water, wrung out works a treat … removes Mrs L‘s make up from door handles and steering wheel a treat! I am not planning on using interior cleaners at the moment unless someone can strongly recommend one. Like you, I wish to maintain the matt finish.

… this was in response to someone asking what to clean the interior of the car with as they didn’t want to lose the new car finish by spraying with cleaners that leave a shiny surface or make it darker/lighter … I can’t recall who that was now … but if anyone has recommendations for something better than my current method I would be pleased to hear about it 😀

Last edited:
Clean cloth soaked in fairy liquid in washing up bowl, hot water, wrung out works a treat … removes Mrs L‘s make up from door handles and steering wheel a treat! I am not planning on using interior cleaners at the moment unless someone can strongly recommend one. Like you, I wish to maintain the matt finish.

… this was in response to someone asking what to clean the interior of the car with as they didn’t want to lose the new car finish by spraying with cleaners that leave a shiny surface or make it darker/lighter … I can’t recall who that was now … but if anyone has recommendations for something better than my current method I would be pleased to hear about it 😀
I've heard a lot of people using baby wipes

Reactions: LoneRanger
Does the rwd come with rear fogs? I thought it was a legal requirement and i dont even see a greyed out option for rear fogs?
Good question, they are a requirement. My understanding is they are built into the right rear light where the reversing light would be (which is in the left rear light - I may have L and R mixed up)

Found this post which may give some insight SR+ Rear Fog Light

Good question, they are a requirement. My understanding is they are built into the right rear light where the reversing light would be (which is in the left rear light - I may have L and R mixed up)

Found this post which may give some insight SR+ Rear Fog Light
New cluster design that has been standard for the last 6+ months has dual reversing and fog lights.

Reactions: M3UK and Danzr

Hi 👋 I posted the question originally. I have been using Gyeon Q²M Interior Detailer. It flashes really quick and leaves the matte finish intact. Can be used on all interior surfaces. My friend has kindly applied ceramic coat on the exterior of the car and used gyeon leather shield on the seats. I've never been one to wash cars ect but I've just purchased a Gyeon starter kit for washing the car (slickshifts). Really comprehensive kit for £189. I ordered some chemical guys buckets from there too. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• IMG_1697-scaled.jpg
    IMG_1697-scaled.jpg
    346.9 KB · Views: 68
  • download (4).jpeg
    download (4).jpeg
    8.2 KB · Views: 30
  • download (3).jpeg
    download (3).jpeg
    6.8 KB · Views: 34
Hi 👋 I posted the question originally. I have been using Gyeon Q²M Interior Detailer. It flashes really quick and leaves the matte finish intact. Can be used on all interior surfaces. My friend has kindly applied ceramic coat on the exterior of the car and used gyeon leather shield on the seats. I've never been one to wash cars ect but I've just purchased a Gyeon starter kit for washing the car (slickshifts). Really comprehensive kit for £189. I ordered some chemical guys buckets from there too. Hope this helps.
Love Gyeon stuff 🔥

Reactions: Zwolf
Just dropped my car off at the Nottingham service centre for paint work correction I highlighted on collection day. They've given me a black 2020 Fremont built standard range plus as a courtesy car so thought id share my thoughts on it.

I  think I can tell that it feels slightly quicker than mine but there's not much in it, noticed the % dropping quicker, but this one does have the smaller 50kw NCA battery. This one has the EAP upgrade and I must admit the lane changing feature I think is pretty cool, totally not worth the £3k+ price tag though, might try auto park later. Reversing onto my drive it made me jealous, ping ping, PARKING SENSORS! 😉

Overall fit and finish looks and feels good, maybe slightly more road noise than mine but that's about it. Not much difference at all between the 2 cars but I think the bigger LFP battery pack makes the current RWD a better car I'd say.

Got my RWD base White exterior black interior from Staines today.

Got a persistent "Charging latch not engaged" error which results in 3Kw charging with my home charger which is fine... If I fiddle with the interior pull handle it sometimes works.. not great. Service appointment booked (Mobile). Paint etc all ok though the shutlines are shocking for a £50k car but better than my old SR+.

Car was silent on first drive now the driver window is creaking a lot against the rubber black trim. It's really loud and annoying. Have applied gummie pfige but will likely be a second appointment as don't want to complicate the first one...

All in all... This car is better made than my 2019 freemont SR+ but still... Not good enough.

Just had a really pleasant chat with Tesla @Jon_UK and @M3UK who confirmed my car is still at sea and docking on the 17th - Grande Halifax it is after all.
OK, interesting. I suspect mine will be the same then. I suppose it doesn't really matter that is wasn't on the Cello, except I wasted how long following it's movements 😢

And it does explain why we couldn't get our cars sooner. Perhaps they were originally meant to go on the Cello, hence when we got VINs and delivery dates but they ran out of time or space and they therefore had to go on a later ship?

Last edited: