Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RWD pre delivery hangout

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m expecting delivery tomorrow - 3 months earlier than forecast and I haven’t had time to look at installing a home charger. I will be covering a maximum 250 miles per week on average. Does anyone have any experience of not having a home charger or is it recommended?

I’m expecting delivery tomorrow - 3 months earlier than forecast and I haven’t had time to look at installing a home charger. I will be covering a maximum 250 miles per week on average. Does anyone have any experience of not having a home charger or is it recommended?
I'll be doing the same on average. I do recommend a homecharger as it will be easier to charge upto 100% at least once a week and cost effective.

Reactions: Zwolf
I wish I got the same
You should do....

My email has this at the bottom:

* Tesla has decided to grant free Supercharger credits, equivalent to approximately 10,000 km of driving, if you take delivery of a Tesla vehicle between December 15 and December 31, 2022. The free Supercharger credits will be credited to your Tesla Account in the month of January 2023 and will remain valid for a period of two calendar years from the delivery date. The free Supercharger credits cannot be transferred to another vehicle or person and cease to be valid in case of an ownership transfer of your vehicle. Tesla shall not be liable in the event that delivery of your vehicle, for whatever reason, cannot happen before December 31, 2022, and you’re not able to benefit from this promotion. Used vehicles are excluded from this promotion.

Hello everyone and nice to meet you here.

I ordered on Wednesday a M3 RWD from Lex. I got an email from Tesla to create an account, and in the driver portal of Lex it seems that it ll be delivered on 13th of Jan. wasn’t expecting to that quick to be honest. Already excited.

What I should take care for during delivery? Panel alignment, paint, anything else?

Thank you, and here we go in EV world!

Hello everyone and nice to meet you here.

I ordered on Wednesday a M3 RWD from Lex. I got an email from Tesla to create an account, and in the driver portal of Lex it seems that it ll be delivered on 13th of Jan. wasn’t expecting to that quick to be honest. Already excited.

What I should take care for during delivery? Panel alignment, paint, anything else?

Thank you, and here we go in EV world!
This is probably a good place to start: Tesla Prep

Hey - I always liked reading people's first impression posts on here. Took delivery of mine yesterday so thought I'd share in case people wonder what the process is, particularly with salary sacrifice/lease deals.

Pre-delivery - I got a text the night before with a 4 hour window. On the morning I had the delivery declaration sent to my work email, and then I sat and waited. Fella turned up with the car on a flatbed, reversed it off, hardly said two words, then got me to sign his phone before driving off. Whole thing too 3-4 mins max.

Car didn't show up in the app for a few hours so couldn't set up the phone/key thing straight away. Once it was there though the whole package seemed complete. Pre-heating the car before you get in it is pretty life-changing in these weather conditions!

Did around 100 miles in it. Few thoughts.

• One of the cameras is apparently always blinded - probably from driving in the dark. Heard there's sometimes a protective film on so might go see if that's still there.
  • I've taken the trial of the premium connectivity but as far as I can tell it just makes spotify work better so not sure if I'll keep it
  • It's so calm inside...like going quickly takes zero effort. Very zen-like.
  • I don't have USS but the cameras seem fine for me. I can park y'see haha
  • Blue/black/black was absolutely the right combination haha - looks much deeper blue in real life.
  • Heated steering wheel ftw
  • And apparently Tesla is gifting anyone who collects/takes delivery between 15th and 22nd of Dec 10000km free supercharger credit. Nice bonus!
  • Woke this morning to see the 'software update available' - now the car has Apple Music as well. Mad how your car gets better over the Wifi.

Happy to answer any questions etc...

Thanks for this, it was really useful to read. I'm collecting the car on the 23rd as the delivery to me was rearranged to the 28th. I hope the app access occurs quickly but its all upto the lease company.
I've not seen the email for the superchargers yet so hoping I still qualify.

Edit.... email received for free charging

Last edited:
Reactions: dajw2793 and Jon_UK
Hey - I always liked reading people's first impression posts on here. Took delivery of mine yesterday so thought I'd share in case people wonder what the process is, particularly with salary sacrifice/lease deals.

Pre-delivery - I got a text the night before with a 4 hour window. On the morning I had the delivery declaration sent to my work email, and then I sat and waited. Fella turned up with the car on a flatbed, reversed it off, hardly said two words, then got me to sign his phone before driving off. Whole thing too 3-4 mins max.

Car didn't show up in the app for a few hours so couldn't set up the phone/key thing straight away. Once it was there though the whole package seemed complete. Pre-heating the car before you get in it is pretty life-changing in these weather conditions!

Did around 100 miles in it. Few thoughts.

• One of the cameras is apparently always blinded - probably from driving in the dark. Heard there's sometimes a protective film on so might go see if that's still there.
  • I've taken the trial of the premium connectivity but as far as I can tell it just makes spotify work better so not sure if I'll keep it
  • It's so calm inside...like going quickly takes zero effort. Very zen-like.
  • I don't have USS but the cameras seem fine for me. I can park y'see haha
  • Blue/black/black was absolutely the right combination haha - looks much deeper blue in real life.
  • Heated steering wheel ftw
  • And apparently Tesla is gifting anyone who collects/takes delivery between 15th and 22nd of Dec 10000km free supercharger credit. Nice bonus!
  • Woke this morning to see the 'software update available' - now the car has Apple Music as well. Mad how your car gets better over the Wifi.

Happy to answer any questions etc...
Thanks for sharing. Good to know more about the delivery process. I was expecting mine today but moved to Monday now.

Waiting for the free Supercharger email… 🤞