Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RWD pre delivery hangout

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pick up is tomorrow morning from Brent Cross. They are even paying up to £100 for travelling there. Plus the 6,000 supercharger miles.

Super excited, what a shame that I'll drive it for 2 days and after I need to go for a 2 week holiday...!:D
Hi,

Who are paying the £100. Tesla.

I'm due to collect mine from Brent cross on Thursday as Bluewater is closed until the new year. Quite a shock as the lease company hadn't mentioned collect at all and certainly not a 4 hour round trip collection!

100% is needed to calibrate the battery percentages closer to 50% are still better for long term health.

Charge to 100% regularly to avoid any issues but for storing I’d use 80%

With the LFP advises to charge to 100% daily, what if I’m not going anywhere for a couple of days. Do I leave it at 70-80% thanks
I thought it was 100% once a week, then other times, when needed, to 80% 🤷‍♂️

Pick up is tomorrow morning from Brent Cross. They are even paying up to £100 for travelling there. Plus the 6,000 supercharger miles.

Super excited, what a shame that I'll drive it for 2 days and after I need to go for a 2 week holiday...!:D
I’m still waiting on the travelling costs to be reimbursed, I sent a chase email too and nothing..
Gutted I missed out on the credit by a week or so tho!

I thought it was 100% once a week, then other times, when needed, to 80% 🤷‍♂️
LFP batteries are much harder to calibrate for range equivalence based on the battery voltage. For lifetime its still better to run them below 100%, but calibration is better if they are regularly full charged. However for LFP batteries the degradation from 100% charging is very low perhaps 20% of that of the NCA batteries.

Reactions: Danzr
Hi all,

Picked up from Brent Cross today. Seamless process, took 5 minutes, and immediately got access to the car through the app ( it is a company car through Lex).

Car was having 19% charge, drove to South Mimms, topped up to 80% and arrived in Cambridge with 59%. I complained for the low state of charge and they told me it’ll be free once I send them the receipt.

Loved it so far. Inspected in detail before and after my morning coffee in Brent Cross, no issues. Floor mats don’t seem to be of a great quality, will check if I’ll find something better. Any suggestions?

How do I add second driver? Do I need to ask from Lex?

Reactions: Astrape
10:30 for me SMS says self service!!! 3 yrs ago we had a half our talk then given keycards 'go inspect your car' 'leave when your ready' Signed for on a tablet.
yep, 30 second talk, nowt to do with the car, just small talk, card given, off you pop. That said, young lad did come out after about half hour, once i'd defrosted it, and asked if all was good and helped me on a few things..............

Reactions: Jon_UK
Hi,

Just checking. So is it likely the car won't have much charge and I'll have to go charge it somewhere first?

Bad enough having to travel to Brent cross so just want to get home afterwards.

Surely Tesla could just stick a full charge in them all.