Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RWD pre delivery hangout

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, I made it and have the car at last.

I can't say it was in anyway a pleasurable experience :)

Got to Brent Cross at 13:30 and had a nice walk in the rain through the concrete jungle until we finally found the car park of Tesla's.

My appointment was at 4 and I was told I could come any time. The guy looked blank at me when I said this as he said they all need to be cleaned. Luckily mine had been. The guy said you have 7 days and 100 miles to check the car and report problems and insisted I sign to accept the car. I said no at least let me see the car first!

He said sure you have to find your own car its in that corner second row from the back.

We finally found the car and to be fair it was perfect. Looking at the white boot panels and corner bumper panel the whites did look very slightly different but very hard to tell in the rain in poor light. I'll have another look.

The guy had said to me it will have 100 miles range so getting home will be fine. Nope! Got in it and it had 65 and it was 70 miles to get home for me.

Being new to Tesla I didn't need the stress of finding charges in the dark in the rain in busy North London where I never drive.

He had said there were two chargers in the shopping centre but when I looked it was on level 2 and it said both taken. No chance of getting those and no chance of getting out of the car park once in with all of the xmas shoppers.

Lastly I said to the guy I need to give you a pin from my lease company. He said no that is the old way we don't do that anymore.

So off we went and mapped a route home.. We finally got to Lakeside shopping centre where we put some charge in. I have to say the charging experience was amazing. No hassle, brilliant.

I am sure this is the future of cars in terms of collection but crikey buying a 50k car and collecting it like this hardly felt like a premium product and service.

At least I have got my first bout of battery anxiety out of the way.

Bring on the free 6000 miles please!

Oh and we really need those parking sensors. I miss them already!

Ok, I made it and have the car at last.

I can't say it was in anyway a pleasurable experience :)

Got to Brent Cross at 13:30 and had a nice walk in the rain through the concrete jungle until we finally found the car park of Tesla's.

My appointment was at 4 and I was told I could come any time. The guy looked blank at me when I said this as he said they all need to be cleaned. Luckily mine had been. The guy said you have 7 days and 100 miles to check the car and report problems and insisted I sign to accept the car. I said no at least let me see the car first!

He said sure you have to find your own car its in that corner second row from the back.

We finally found the car and to be fair it was perfect. Looking at the white boot panels and corner bumper panel the whites did look very slightly different but very hard to tell in the rain in poor light. I'll have another look.

The guy had said to me it will have 100 miles range so getting home will be fine. Nope! Got in it and it had 65 and it was 70 miles to get home for me.

Being new to Tesla I didn't need the stress of finding charges in the dark in the rain in busy North London where I never drive.

He had said there were two chargers in the shopping centre but when I looked it was on level 2 and it said both taken. No chance of getting those and no chance of getting out of the car park once in with all of the xmas shoppers.

Lastly I said to the guy I need to give you a pin from my lease company. He said no that is the old way we don't do that anymore.

So off we went and mapped a route home.. We finally got to Lakeside shopping centre where we put some charge in. I have to say the charging experience was amazing. No hassle, brilliant.

I am sure this is the future of cars in terms of collection but crikey buying a 50k car and collecting it like this hardly felt like a premium product and service.

At least I have got my first bout of battery anxiety out of the way.

Bring on the free 6000 miles please!

Oh and we really need those parking sensors. I miss them already!
Enjoy!

Got mine on Wednesday from Brent Cross, the size of the site is incredible!

I got mine with 19% charge and had to drive to Cambridge, I complained a bit and they asked the receipt for the 1st supercharge to reimburse ;)

The 6,000 miles will come on January...fingers crossed.

I am also confused with 100 miles rule, when I arrived home I was already in 90 miles, and now already over 100. I can understand if they deliver, but if not, the distance to home should be excluded.

Reactions: Danzr
I must admit Brent Cross doesn't sound much fun! The NEC collection centre is all done inside a massive marque structure with fairly decent lighting. I was even impressed with the spaces, very wide and can easily have all the doors wide open whilst inspecting.

My advice is to get a decent torch on your paintwork and have a good look around, thats how I noticed the swirls on mine.