Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RWD pre delivery hangout

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not really by any noticeable amount. My best trip so far (since Nov) was doing a steady 50mph on an A road temp 5 degrees for a couple of hours it was doing 225 watts per mile, or range of 270.
I had my best run since received at end of November on Thursday. Coming back from South Coast stopped at Heathrow T5 superchargers to 95%,
PXL_20230316_170640100.jpg

carried on home to Bradford at fastest legal speeds (yes there were roadworks) but I was amazed at the final result 205Wh/m. It was about 13 degrees and must have been a bit of a tail wind 😮

Done a couple of long trips now and I'm still so impressed with the car and charging network.

Granny charging made it super convenient on holiday in Wales.

Yesterday I went to Thorpe Park for the day, about a 300 mile round trip so not quite enough range. Car sent me to Rugby supercharger on way back, plugged straight in, went to the loos, grabbed a drink - came back to the car 13 minutes later and it had added 50% charge! Only needed about a 20% charge to get home lol.

Screenshot_20230515-201934~2.png

I only did about 100 miles of driving before removing the covers so no idea how much of a difference it makes. I did watch a video where some chaps did a very unscientific test and I think they said the aeros gave about 3% more range.

My thoughts were that 3% probably isn't going to make the difference of me needing to charge or not on a long journey. My daily commute is all on roads <50mph too were aero is probably less effective.
Spoke with a service guy recently. He said the aero covers would save about 10 miles from a full charge. He suggested to put them on if you were going on a long trip, but for pottering about, it’s negligible 👍

Reactions: Ashdeman
Done a couple of long trips now and I'm still so impressed with the car and charging network.

Yesterday I went to Thorpe Park for the day, about a 300 mile round trip so not quite enough range. Car sent me to Rugby supercharger on way back, plugged straight in, went to the loos, grabbed a drink - came back to the car 13 minutes later and it had added 50% charge! Only needed about a 20% charge to get home lol.

View attachment 938212
Yep, I have done exactly the same a few times there now. It's quite a walk to the main building, and feels about the same again to the toilets! Great charging spot though.

View attachment 918802
Balls, just washed, clayed and waxed the car and nipped out to sandwich shop to catch before closing. Rushed the parking 😭. Any ideas of touch up paint for the aero wheels?
It’s been a while since I have been on here, but this is timely. My lovely wife kerbed my front wheel with a similar grazing within the first couple of weeks of me owning my car. I did a quick repair job with some dark grey paint we happened to have for the Mazda … it turned pretty well really and I knows it is there but I doubt that anyone else does. BUT I have constant anxiety about me kerbing them and have been close to doing so on numerous occasions, saved by the 18“ tyres. I have been considering fitting some Tessories wheel hubs, 18″ Hurricane Hubcaps – Model 3 - Tessories UK 🔋, and wondered how effective these might be in terms of protection and efficiency. I think they look okay. Any thoughts anyone?

Ordered a demo model 3 (no mileage listed) last week. Just waiting on Tesla Financial services to link my finance application to my order. Apparently takes at least a week for that to happen - wished they mentioned that up front rather than radio silence

APR was offered at 4.9% which isn't too horrific all things considered

Does anyone know what tyres the model 3 rwd comes with these days?

Ordered a demo model 3 (no mileage listed) last week. Just waiting on Tesla Financial services to link my finance application to my order. Apparently takes at least a week for that to happen - wished they mentioned that up front rather than radio silence

APR was offered at 4.9% which isn't too horrific all things considered

Does anyone know what tyres the model 3 rwd comes with these days?
Michelin Pilot Sport 4s, the acoustic ones. At least thats what came on my Nov 22 RWD.

Reactions: dajw2793

View attachment 938212
Same. After my first 10 minutes hundred miles charge and never having had to wait for a space even on a bank holiday I don’t even think about it except when I go into deep Wales. So impressed with the car, and the charging network. It’s a pleasure every time I climb in the drivers seat.