Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 "sleeping" dimensions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've done a google search and a search on this forum and I can't seem to find dimensions for the length and width of what would be the "sleeping quarters" for anyone camping out in their car. Back seats folded down, front seats moved up all the way.

Costco currently had a thin air mattress marked down to $25 that I thought about purchasing to use for sleeping in the back of the Model 3, but I have no idea if it will fit. They also have a thin foam sleeping "pad" for $20 that is much narrower, but I still don't have any idea on the length available.

My suspicion is that it's not big enough for the air mattress, which is something like 76" by 56", but I would still like to know so I can look elsewhere online.

Thanks!

• Helpful
Reactions: TaoJones
I've done a google search and a search on this forum and I can't seem to find dimensions for the length and width of what would be the "sleeping quarters" for anyone camping out in their car. Back seats folded down, front seats moved up all the way.

Costco currently had a thin air mattress marked down to $25 that I thought about purchasing to use for sleeping in the back of the Model 3, but I have no idea if it will fit. They also have a thin foam sleeping "pad" for $20 that is much narrower, but I still don't have any idea on the length available.

My suspicion is that it's not big enough for the air mattress, which is something like 76" by 56", but I would still like to know so I can look elsewhere online.

Thanks!
Don't quite understand why you don't just go out to your car and measure it? Also you can never go wrong purchasing from Costco since they will just take it back.

Reactions: Nocturnal
I don't have the dimensions handy but I did spend a night sleeping in the back. I'm 6' tall and found I had to sleep a little bit diagonally to fully stretch out. If I adjusted the seats all the way forward it might just be possible to get a 76" mattress in there.

It's a Twin Mattress that'll fit, same as the Model S. If you get a Twin XL (80in long) then it'll go right up to the back of the front seats and you'll want to get inflatable footrests to support the end of the mattress.

There are folding memory foam mattress from Milard on Amazon that works well don't go thicker than 4in though since the trunk opening is not as tall as the Model S.

• Helpful
Reactions: TaoJones
It's a Twin Mattress that'll fit, same as the Model S. If you get a Twin XL (80in long) then it'll go right up to the back of the front seats and you'll want to get inflatable footrests to support the end of the mattress.

There are folding memory foam mattress from Milard on Amazon that works well don't go thicker than 4in though since the trunk opening is not as tall as the Model S.

From reading online it seems that the width to the narrowest spot is about 38". And then length range is like 72"+. A bit narrower than I would have thought, but oh well.

Thanks!
The length would probably be ok but the width is way too big unless it would fold up on the sides when you laid down on it.. almost extra 10" on each side.

I would suggest a Therm-A-Rest or similar sleeping pad made for tent camping. It would easily fit in the model 3 width-wise. With the vertical restriction of the trunk I don't think you'd want to go too thick. I imagine with a nice sleeping bag, a small pillow and a Therm-A-Rest you'd be quite comfortable