Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Slow to start after deep sleep

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wondering if anyone else seeing a boot delay when starting the car after a deep sleep? Model 3 recently seems to take a while to start after a few hours rest. Black screen or Sentry alert on entry followed by an unresponsive pin pad for 15-30 seconds. Happens everytime the car has been left for a few hours and seems to get very confused when sentry mode is activated with alerts on screen. All usb removed, warm weather , 3 sets of updates applied with no change.

Reactions: Rooster6655
Just wondering if anyone else seeing a boot delay when starting the car after a deep sleep? Model 3 recently seems to take a while to start after a few hours rest. Black screen or Sentry alert on entry followed by an unresponsive pin pad for 15-30 seconds. Happens everytime the car has been left for a few hours and seems to get very confused when sentry mode is activated with alerts on screen. All usb removed, warm weather , 3 sets of updates applied with no change.

I had exactly this, the black screen + un-responsive pin pad after I updated to 2020.8.3 even though I always to a reboot after an update. After it kept happening for a week or so. I got annoyed and did another reboot ( i.e. hold both buttons wait for Tesla logo) and it's been fine since.
While it was happening though I did find closing the pin pad then pressing the brake again kicked the pin pad back to life so I didn't have to wait for it to become responsive.

thanks all, I've passed 3 updates now since this started and still seems to be the same, also tried a few reboots however remains. Minor annoyance as works fine otherwise however a little worried it gets worse as there may be an underlying fault. Its almost like the computer has become slower to start after a deep sleep. Only confusing piece is this still happens when sentry is enabled which I believe should keep the computer on.

Yes I find opening the App and waking the car beforehand stops it from happening but obviously not convenient