Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Software Update 2019.9.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
WHAT? Now firmwares take back features?!! Insane.
(I'm not really that surprised since trial EAP became AP for those who shelled for AP.)

7.11 was sent to folks invited to the v3 reveal, and then released last week to folks in the general vicinity of a v3 supercharger. Most people will probably end up skipping it to 8.x or 9.x, when the range, power, and v3 additions will all be united into one build.

Both my husband (MS) and I (Model 3) have had account problems over the last few weeks, actually both in our Apps which Tesla has looked into. Also realized parts of my online account has issues too--i.e. no way to pay for anything like my FSD which we tried ordering on Sunday. Back on 3/13 I did get some feedback on my App status and was told it "should be fixed on 3/22 (Friday) via an app update (Model 3)" so Maybe this goes hand in hand with a firmware update?

i got mine on saturday.
if you want the update and havent gotten it yet. you schedule a service. the service center always pushes out the updates for vehicles coming in for service. then when u recieve the update just cancel the service. i did this and got it the next day.
my range increased to 325 also definitly feels faster. i made a video of mine doing the 0-60 in 5 sec. i have the long range rwd.
Also it brought sentry mode. not in my car now so cant really give the release notes but overall best update so far.

Sorry this is abusing the ability to schedule a service department appointment and hurts people who have a valid reason to need one. I hope people don't do this.

BTW I received my 2019.5.15 update on March 10. Was part of a small subset of owners back on 2/27 for 2019.5.4 (Sentry Mode first appeared). Updates go out in batches to slowly get driving feedback from owners and do any bug fixes without inconveniencing a lot of people if done on a wider release. I live in the SF Bay area where car break ins have been a big problem for owners and people think it was distributed here first as a result. No other updates to date.

Last edited:
Just to say it, at least in Canada it doesn't seem to work this way. I had a service appointment scheduled for about 4 days - no update. The car is currently in for service and while I was checking in, they indicated they would push me the update, but simply scheduling the appointment had no bearing or impact on getting the update. YMMV.

• Informative
Reactions: duanra
Reposting the image from reddit here. The 3 looks nice and shiny from this angle too.

NRxKW1R.jpg

Really. Simply ask the SC to push you the latest update.

Don't bother the service centers asking for updates... they need to focus on Teslas with real problems. Imagine if you had a major issue with your car but couldn't get through because 300 forum readers saw that post and called your service center to schedule an appointment? or push software updates?

If you are that desperate for an update, drive to the service center when it's closed and it will automatically connect to the WIFI network there. 90% of the time my car downloads the new software version in 15 mins if I sit there. Also "bug reports" via the right button on the steering wheel seem to trigger software updates for me. Or maybe not, but I get them and I am pretty good about doing bug reports.

The service centers are a very finite resource and they are maxxed out now. Let's keep them free to deal with real problems when we have them...

I've seen people say many weeks or maybe even months ago that the SvCs were no longer doing that anyway. Might have even read that they were told not to...? But yes, making fake appointments is not only childish to do but can delay real owners with real problems with their cars from getting in to service in a more timely fashion. This behavior is just wrong on so many counts.

Reactions: goldengate
Reposting the image from reddit here. The 3 looks nice and shiny from this angle too.

NRxKW1R.jpg

Like the new image of the car. I have a white Model 3 and even with a white car and not red still sometimes hard to tell if the brake lights are lit when the image is tiny of the car. I think this is a great improvement. Hopefully brake lights being on is clearly noticeable to the driver on the screen when it's daylight too.

Don't bother the service centers asking for updates... they need to focus on Teslas with real problems.
Okay, maybe I should have explained myself better. I had "real" problems getting updates. First, I was never was notified that they were available. For over 5 months I was stuck on 2018.28.1. I'm lucky enough to be near two service centers (Sunnyvale and Santa Clara, CA) so instead of calling, I simply showed up at the Santa Clara SC without an appointment and asked for some assistance. Three times they accommodated me, each taking less than 5 minutes. All they had to do is some typing on their computer to push the update to me. Confirmed the update while I was in their parking lot and scheduled it to install later that night.

Secondly, those updates would fail to install. After a few of these attempts I was given an appointment to come into the Sunnyvale service center. The night before the appointment I get an email saying they did an OTA reformat of the SD card and to try installing the update one more time. That worked.