Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2024.20 Software Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Of note:
Adaptive Headlight Improvements - Headlights now adapts for curves in the road ahead of you and illuminate farther when you’re driving on a motorway.
Autopilot Suspension - Changes to suspension policy
Hot Weather Improvements - This release includes AUTO HVAC improvements for hot weather. The A/C cools down the cabin faster, and maintains comfort at lower noise levels.

Both HVAC and adaptive light changes sound really interesting.

Over the last two years for our VW ID4 I've got a trip efficiency popup on the driver info display and less.lag via software updates 🤣

Tesla for the win think

Of note:
Adaptive Headlight Improvements - Headlights now adapts for curves in the road ahead of you and illuminate farther when you’re driving on a motorway.
Autopilot Suspension - Changes to suspension policy
Hot Weather Improvements - This release includes AUTO HVAC improvements for hot weather. The A/C cools down the cabin faster, and maintains comfort at lower noise levels.
Sounds good, not got .14 yet, wonder if they'll skip it for some of us at this point.

The HVAC is one of the best things about a Tesla. It's better than any other car I've had at getting to temp quickly and making you comfortable. I'm sure some other EV's might be OK here but the Lotus wasn't. An ICE absolutely cannot compete.

OK but I’d not be aware of it without them posting about it and collating those rumours.
I’ve seen it mentioned in a few places - Twitter, Reddit, etc and all with a different mix of what’s in it, no 2 places are the same. I don’t get the fascination with wanting to know weeks before it comes here and then typically not getting most of what they say is coming.

The tweak to the adaptive lights is welcome, will be interesting to see if it gets rid of the dark patch directly in front of you when you're following someone.

One thing that I though had been fixed is the washers on the wipers, they only work when the wipers start and don't continue throughout the sweep.

I may be imagining things but I though that was fixed in an update a few back.

I’ve seen it mentioned in a few places - Twitter, Reddit, etc and all with a different mix of what’s in it, no 2 places are the same. I don’t get the fascination with wanting to know weeks before it comes here and then typically not getting most of what they say is coming.
Weeks? It’ll be months before it comes to our car 😉

Guess just general curiosity, nice to see they are working and making improvements. They still have the software update thing down better than any other make in terms of constant rolling improvements (And some regressions).

Will be interested to see what the cornering thing is like. I had a car with this technology before, and it was really nice. I don't recall being able to make left and right adjustments of the headlights in my M3P, I thought it was just up & down, but I could be mistaken.

The tweak to the adaptive lights is welcome, will be interesting to see if it gets rid of the dark patch directly in front of you when you're following someone.

One thing that I though had been fixed is the washers on the wipers, they only work when the wipers start and don't continue throughout the sweep.

I may be imagining things but I though that was fixed in an update a few back.
Are you sure you're not mistaking the "dark patch" for the headlights blanking out the car(s) in front?

Credit where credit is due.. although Tesla took 3 years to deliver this, it actually works really well in my experience. Definitely justified the retrofit cost of matrix headlights to my car. The only criticism I have is the relatively small number of LEDs in the headlights (even less in Highland, apparently). Other marques like VW, etc have thousands of individually addressable LEDs.

Are you sure you're not mistaking the "dark patch" for the headlights blanking out the car(s) in front?

Credit where credit is due.. although Tesla took 3 years to deliver this, it actually works really well in my experience. Definitely justified the retrofit cost of matrix headlights to my car. The only criticism I have is the relatively small number of LEDs in the headlights (even less in Highland, apparently). Other marques like VW, etc have thousands of individually addressable LEDs.
No, I've had matrix lights before in my old ID.3 on which the lights ended pretty much at the bumper of the car in front, mine gives me a dark V behind the car for quite some way.

Certainly better than the normal lights, just not as good as competitor's offerings.

Hopefully we will see some improvements.

Reactions: GeorgeSymonds
No, I've had matrix lights before in my old ID.3 on which the lights ended pretty much at the bumper of the car in front, mine gives me a dark V behind the car for quite some way.

Certainly better than the normal lights, just not as good as competitor's offerings.

Hopefully we will see some improvements.
Is this the type of thing you're seeing?

Untitled.png

Taken from this where they mention it ,although personally I don't notice it on my car much, but maybe thats because of the lighter evenings

Is this the type of thing you're seeing?

View attachment 1051259

Taken from this where they mention it ,although personally I don't notice it on my car much, but maybe thats because of the lighter evenings
Yes, though I'd say it's more pronounced and stretches further towards my car.

As I said, it's certainly an improvement but not as good as other offerings, I wouldn't be saying anything if I hadn't come from an ID.3.

Will be interested to see what the cornering thing is like. I had a car with this technology before, and it was really nice. I don't recall being able to make left and right adjustments of the headlights in my M3P, I thought it was just up & down, but I could be mistaken.

It does work well, the only thing I'd maybe say is the box around other cars is far larger than other matrix cars I've had. This I guess does help to cover it if they move in another direction quickly but I think they could likely reduce the sizes of the boxes once happy it's working well enough out in the field. I agree with you, it works extremely well already.