Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 SR+ near Norwest, Sydney

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello All,
First post in the forum, newbie to Tesla.
Is anyone from Norwest area (bella vista, kelly ville, rouse hill, schofield etc) of Sydney Australia? How do you charge your Tesla when out and about, and when going for a long distance trip from home?
Any local tips, tricks would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Reactions: Hairyman
Hello All,
First post in the forum, newbie to Tesla.
Is anyone from Norwest area (bella vista, kelly ville, rouse hill, schofield etc) of Sydney Australia? How do you charge your Tesla when out and about, and when going for a long distance trip from home?
Any local tips, tricks would be appreciated.
Thanks!
The PlugShare and ABetterRoutePlanner apps are your friends.

Get an Evie and a ChargeFox account and apps too.

Reactions: yhc21
Stanhope Village Shopping Centre is another option (Free), I assume you don't have any adapters (J-17782) or leads (Type 2), but there are enough free Tesla destination chargers and Type 2 with tethered leads that it is probably not worth getting them at this point
I have no idea what Tesla will provide with the car, I heard they provide adaptors to suit both Tesla/non Tesla chargers. Hope they work with most chargers around here!

Stanhope Village Shopping Centre is another option (Free), I assume you don't have any adapters (J-17782) or leads (Type 2), but there are enough free Tesla destination chargers and Type 2 with tethered leads that it is probably not worth getting them at this point
I have no idea what Tesla will provide with the car, I heard they provide adaptors to suit both Tesla/non Tesla chargers. Hope they work with most chargers around herea
Rouse Hill chargers always seem to be working and free, heading west on the main road, turn right at the lights after the station, then a Uey at the next lights, and turn in to the carpark entrance

Thanks Roland!
You are welcome, I gather from what you have posted so far that you don't have a Tesla model 3 as yet, so I assume that you have either one on order, or are contemplating ordering one
If you can give me more details on your situation - whether you own or rent a house or unit, if renting, your access to power outlets, the distance of your daily commute, what longer distance trips you are contemplating, where you shop and how often, I could give you more specific advice on the best way to go about charging, and what adapters or leads are woth purchasing

You are welcome, I gather from what you have posted so far that you don't have a Tesla model 3 as yet, so I assume that you have either one on order, or are contemplating ordering one
If you can give me more details on your situation - whether you own or rent a house or unit, if renting, your access to power outlets, the distance of your daily commute, what longer distance trips you are contemplating, where you shop and how often, I could give you more specific advice on the best way to go about charging, and what adapters or leads are woth purchasing
Hey Roland, yes I'm eagerly waiting on delivery atm! Mostly wfh, I suspect slow charging at home using mobile charger might do the job for me most of the time, yet getting access to those fast chargers nearby will prove handy occasionally. Trip to Vic or Qld is something I would def try to do soon with good trip planning I hope!

I don't have solar panels yet, something I wish to get soon though!
The fact that you mostly wfh makes charging from your own solar possible, but the Zappi Smart charger is $1395 for the 7kw single phase version and installation could be upwards of $1000 or more depending on how far it is from your switchboard to where you want the charger - probably your garage, so I guess it depends on how keen you are to be green
If you charge from the mobile connector with the 15 amp plug (3Kw), on sunny days you would probably achieve much the same result

No Blue Type 2 cable like in the UK?
Nope. UMC only in Australia.

Type 2 cables can be bought from various places including Tesla.

If you're considering a solar system in the future, talk to someone who sells SolarEdge inverters and optimisers as they have a new EV charger that comes straight out of the inverter (and is an optimised system)

• Informative
Reactions: yhc21 and Hairyman