Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 SR+ Q3 2021 Battery Capacity

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know there are plenty of other threads discussing both how to calculate battery capacity, and on the new upgraded battery pack.

However: I have a SR+ with an LFP battery delivered on the 15th September.

My assumption was that this had the previous capacity battery.

However if I do the watt hours per mile (231) x remaining miles (212) / SOC (0.81) I get 60459 or 60.46 kwh. That would suggest that I have a larger battery….but the maximum range at 100% SOC is still 273 miles.

This doesn’t make sense. Have I failed at simple arithmetic?

You do have a 60kWh battery. 270ish is the EPA (US) range and that is what the car uses. The ranges on the UK website are the WLTP standard which gives higher (and much less realistic) numbers for range. In practice, the actual miles you get will be even less than 270 which I assume you've already found - probably around 220-240 miles depending on how you drive, type of roads, outside temperature etc.

Upvote 0
My assumption was that this had the previous capacity battery.
I think all, or certainly the majority, of Q4 vehicles have the larger battery. Certainly everything in Dec.

Do you have the V5 document yet? You should see E6LR as the variant code if it has the new battery.

I believe the 100% indicated range on the previous SR+ was around 255-260 miles. 270+ miles is definitely the 60 kWh battery.

Upvote 0