Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unusual capacity/range gain on 2022 Model X Plaid

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I've owned my 2022 Model X Plaid for 16 months and 23200 miles. I do have an OBD2 dongle and SCANMYTESLA app, so I keep a close look at my battery capacity/degradation and 100% range. So, the Plaid degraded about 3 - 4% in the first year and my battery capacity was down to 91.4 kwh available (new is about 95 kwh). My 100% range was 316 miles at that point. However, in the last 2 weeks, my available capacity has increased slowly from 91.4 kwh to 93.6 kwh right now and my 100% range is at 327 miles right now, a gain of 11 miles and 2.2 kwh of available capacity. Tezlab app which estimates battery capacity and 100% range from charging data even thinks that my 100% range is 331 miles right now.
I fully understand that the BMS will recalibrate capacity and range when the car is sleeping or being charged but I've owned Teslas for 2.5 years now and never saw such jump in capacity/range. I wonder if this has anything to do with recent software updates? Maybe they changed the capacity calculation? Has anyone experienced a similar range/capacity gain recently?
I charge about 50% DC and 50% AC charging..

You've stumbled into the battery fountain of youth!

Have you changed charging habits?
no change to charging habits. I usually don't charge at home as I have access to free CCS as well as destination chargers.. I charge about 50% on CCS chargers and 50% on destination chargers. Once in a while I run the battery as low as 15% but most of the time, I charge at 40 - 50% back up to 90%

Reactions: zoomer0056