TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model 3 Sr Usb Ports Don't Work

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by lingkai, Jun 21, 2019.

1. lingkai

lingkai Member

I try to plug in usb drive as a dashcam drive, it would not work.

At first, I though maybe my usb drive has issue. Then I use usb cable to charge my phone, still no response.......

• Informative x 1
  2. ewoodrick

ewoodrick Well-Known Member

Did you follow the instructions or did you just plug a new one in?

3. BOBEDIGITL

BOBEDIGITL Member

Did it work before? Is it only one USB slot that isn't working? Are the passenger slots working in the backseat? Have you reset the car? Try completely powering down and turning the car on again. If that doesn't work, schedule a service appt.

4. MXWing

MXWing Well-Known Member

Too many unknowns here with the most obvious explanation that the flash drive was not formatted at FAT32 and/or does not have a TeslaCam folder.

5. lingkai

lingkai Member

I used one USB cable to try 4 different USB ports.

2 USB ports at the front would not work. 2 USB ports at the back works fine. I have power down and turn car on again, would not resolve the issue. I already scheduled a service, thanks for the heads up.

• Like x 1