Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 STILL stinks even after cabin filters replaced - fluid low!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TOPIC:
Bad smell started ~Jun'19. My car delivered Feb'18.
Tesla service replaced my cabin filters in Nov'19
I had them give me the OLD filters, they did not stink.
Bad smell still exists in the car. Seems to be on the driver side primarily.
Anyone else having this problem???

I decided to do a windshield washer level test as this is on the Driver side.
Totally filled up last weekend, did not use this week.
Checked this morning, and was about 2 oz. down!
A leak?

Windshield washer bottle may have some sort of overflow line that vents overfilled bottle. Check under your car to see if there is any fluid on the floor.

Most auto manufacturers have issues with odors. Often caused by growth on the Air Conditioning coils or heater coils.

There are lots of aftermarket cleaning kits for these issues. Can get at Tesla or Autoparts stores.

It may also be from a critter decomposing or something left inside the car. Ozium is a popular interior odor reducer, or you can get Ozone treatments from most auto service centers or detailers. Might even get some relief with Fabreez spray.

Sometimes hard to track down. Usually something organic.

Windshield washer bottle may have some sort of overflow line that vents overfilled bottle. Check under your car to see if there is any fluid on the floor.

Most auto manufacturers have issues with odors. Often caused by growth on the Air Conditioning coils or heater coils.

There are lots of aftermarket cleaning kits for these issues. Can get at Tesla or Autoparts stores.

It may also be from a critter decomposing or something left inside the car. Ozium is a popular interior odor reducer, or you can get Ozone treatments from most auto service centers or detailers. Might even get some relief with Fabreez spray.

Sometimes hard to track down. Usually something organic.
In nov 19 when Tesla replaced the filters. Did the smell go away ?

Smell did not fully go away. And I tried an Air freshener cleaning canister.
As I refilled the reservoir of this morning, good idea to check for overflow, but my garage floor is dry after seven hours. And redo our still appears full.

TOPIC:
Bad smell started ~Jun'19. My car delivered Feb'18.
Tesla service replaced my cabin filters in Nov'19
I had them give me the OLD filters, they did not stink.
Bad smell still exists in the car. Seems to be on the driver side primarily.
Anyone else having this problem???

I decided to do a windshield washer level test as this is on the Driver side.
Totally filled up last weekend, did not use this week.
Checked this morning, and was about 2 oz. down!
A leak?
I have this problem in my Model S even after a recent filter change. Did you solve your problem and how?

For my Model Y Tesla mobile service did an “A/C Odor Removal (Using Evaporator Foam Cleaner, Replace Cabin Filters)”. The foam used was “
CLEANER, KOOL IT, 6 OZ(1512843-00-A)”

Service was preformed on 12/14/2021. The bad smell has not returned.