Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Tesla Car Cover

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered one a few weeks ago, but no sign of it yet. I also ordered the fix a flat kit at the same time and that shipped out in a couple of days.
I’m hoping I get it soon as I need something in mid August. I’m heading up to the woods on vacation and will be parking under a bunch of pine trees.

I ordered one a few weeks ago, but no sign of it yet. I also ordered the fix a flat kit at the same time and that shipped out in a couple of days.
I’m hoping I get it soon as I need something in mid August. I’m heading up to the woods on vacation and will be parking under a bunch of pine trees.

Heh, good luck. Hopefully you get it quickly but I wouldn’t count on it. The Tesla online store is a complete joke. Delayed shipments, no order history and absolutely NO communication. What kind of online store doesn’t even have an 800 number?? I could run a better online store out of my garage...

Any update on this? I also ordered the outdoor 3 cover and found out it was on a crazy back-order with no delivery in sight. (I only found this out bc I emailed the online store support team and got a response after a few days).

Do you mean the cover itself scratches it? Or that inside of the cover has some roughness that can scratch with little bit of pressure?
If there’s any dirt on the car or the inside of the cover then when you put it on or take it off you can end up rubbing it on the paint and causing scratches. Same thing if you don’t tighten it properly and the wind causes it to flap.

If there’s any dirt on the car or the inside of the cover then when you put it on or take it off you can end up rubbing it on the paint and causing scratches. Same thing if you don’t tighten it properly and the wind causes it to flap.
Thanks! I am guessing this would be the case with every other car unless M3 is known to have poor quality paint.

Thanks! I am guessing this would be the case with every other car unless M3 is known to have poor quality paint.
That's true, I don't think anything about it is specific to Tesla or the Model 3. I just did a lot of research on how to protect my Model 3 for the couple days a week the it will be parked outside and came to the conclusion that except for hail I would probably end up doing more damage than good.