Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 tire size for maximum sidewall 18” or 19”

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For max sidewall on 18s I've seen 225/50R18. If you go 235/50r18 there are people that have talked about it being too tall.
235/45r18 is 4.2" Sidewall.
245/45r18 is 4.3"
225/50r18 is 4.4".
Not a ton of difference between them. Those all will fit 18" rims and the clearance on the Model 3. I'm sure there might be others as well.

Reactions: Coxwain
ALSO make sure of your Rim width. IF you have 18x8.5 then 225/50/18 won't work because rim width must be 6-8". And if you have a few choices in mind, then always get the highest load rating, as an extra 100 or 200 Lb load rating might mean the difference between a blowout or not. A week ago, I just hit debris (something solid but not sure what) and blew out my 2 right tires a week ago (stock 20x8.5 wheels with 235/35/20 with only 1389 Lb load rating, I have 3P so assuming Youtube videos are accurate on scales at 4140 without driver weight, then with me in car static, assuming 50/50 weight dist, then each tire = 4320 Lbs with me and no cargo, so 1080 Lbs load on each tire, static. So 1389 Load rating is really low, and i am going to 19x9.5 wheels with 265/35/19 tires with 1653 Lb load rating. My buddy did that on his 3P with no rub on upper A arm or while in full lock. Wheels with same 35 offset.

ALSO make sure of your Rim width. IF you have 18x8.5 then 225/50/18 won't work because rim width must be 6-8". And if you have a few choices in mind, then always get the highest load rating, as an extra 100 or 200 Lb load rating might mean the difference between a blowout or not. A week ago, I just hit debris (something solid but not sure what) and blew out my 2 right tires a week ago (stock 20x8.5 wheels with 235/35/20 with only 1389 Lb load rating, I have 3P so assuming Youtube videos are accurate on scales at 4140 without driver weight, then with me in car static, assuming 50/50 weight dist, then each tire = 4320 Lbs with me and no cargo, so 1080 Lbs load on each tire, static. So 1389 Load rating is really low, and i am going to 19x9.5 wheels with 265/35/19 tires with 1653 Lb load rating. My buddy did that on his 3P with no rub on upper A arm or while in full lock. Wheels with same 35 offset.
That's great to know about the rim width. I saw someone on here saying they got that size with the aero wheels but that doesn't make sense. I've not gotten them myself, but I'm curious if some can be stretched to wider? That or the other person who said they made it work is misinformed on size or something. Thanks for pointing it out either way! I'd hate someone to get the wrong size tires.

I have the same tire size on my OEM spec wheels and like how they look. If you want the efficiency of the Aero wheels with covers but want a different look, I'd recommend the Fast Wheels EV01+

I got them last year for my winter tires Fast Wheels EV01(+) for Tesla Model 3 Wheels 18

Wow, THese seem fantastic.

My boys like this one
Tesla Wheels Turbine Wheel Replica Replacement 5x114.3 - Grey

but looks like they don't ship to Canada? Is there a dealership in Canada?

Those are exactly the same specs as the OEM wheels for Model 3 and will bolt right onto all of them (Performance trim would need some 3mm spacers). You can reuse the TPMS, lug nuts, and center cap. And yes, the 245/45R18 tires will fit perfectly.

As for buying wheels in Canada, try looking them up in canadawheels.ca website. Ironically, that's where I bought my FastWheels EV01+ a year ago and they shipped them to me in the USA (before FastWheels had a USA retailer).