Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Trunk Lights Don't Always Turn On

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just discovered this after having the control arms replaced. Control arms were deteriorating for two years Tesla said the noise was normal. Now after warranty they replaced them both for 177.00 labor included. I texted the trunk lamp issues they estimate Ranger repair by replacing both lights for 193.00. Car is in body shop for a kicked in door. I will further investigate the lights before paying more for lamps than control arms. Tesla is hiding something or avoiding a class action suit on control arm issues. They should fix their service centers.

Ha! Found this page searching for why our 2018 model 3 trunk lights turn off quickly. No issue on the 2019. And wouldn't you know, two years ago I complained to Tesla about the noise while turning, and said the same "It's normal". NO IT'S NOT! Was only in lower temps back then, now it is constant. I am scheduled to have the upper control arms replace for (you guessed it), $177. I'll point out that I contacted them while under warranty about it.

I agree, I think they were trying to avoid warranty work.

And then when I added the light concern, they replied to let me know it is out of warranty and service rate is $210/hour.......