Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 waiters in California - please post here

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They don't look like they're California bound. License plates on those look to be European templates? /sigh. I'm just looking at the order sheet and wait until the P3D VINS start populating. I'm calling my SA in 2 weeks to take off FSD if it gets too close to DEC 3, to qualify for the rebate. My productivity at work is tanking, i'm spending way too much time on these forums lol

Hopefully the change won't put you back on the bottom of the list as a new order.

New update guys:

So I got a call again from the Costa Mesa delivery center after already getting one yesterday. This time it was still about finishing up the payment option and had told me there has been an update and that they will be expecting cars by the end of November and first week of December while continuing deliveries after that. They also told me that completing the payment portion will speed me up in the process and move my queue. They also did confirm that once I'm assigned a delivery date, I have 3 days to pick up the car before it's given to someone else.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: tren01t and Csamika
Wow, a 2019 blue LR/AWD aero white popped up in Fremont inventory this morning. $47,990 with 979 miles. I was tempted, but wanted white.

So, 2019, meaning it was manufactured at least a month ago. 979 miles, and it was not a demo. A return? The limit is 1000 miles, so this seems like whomever bought it never intended to keep it and got a free Model 3 rental for a week. Probably not an ideal prior owner. Imagine what they did with it.

eta: If they are returned, they have to be listed as used. So that can’t be it. Most likely they are all demos even though the website details say that they are not.

Last edited:
Wow, a 2019 blue LR/AWD aero white popped up in Fremont inventory this morning. $47,990 with 979 miles. I was tempted, but wanted white.

So, 2019, meaning it was manufactured at least a month ago. 979 miles, and it was not a demo. A return? The limit is 1000 miles, so this seems like whomever bought it never intended to keep it and got a free Model 3 rental for a week. Probably not an ideal prior owner. Imagine what they did with it.

Looks like they all got assigned already!

Just got off phone with my SA from Corte Madera, basically asking for updates. Coincidentally, a delivery manager was in the store and had new info:
  • NA production has definitely begun
  • All orders placed in October/November (assume earlier as well) will receive VINs by end of this month (!)
  • California deliveries will be 2nd and 3rd week of December to avoid after Xmas rush
  • Orders placed by Dec. 1 have good chance of 2018 delivery
  • They are looking at potential 110,000 deliveries this quarter
It's good news for federal tax credit, not so much for California rebate. However, I'd bet some earlier orders might get delivered in time.

Also, don't count on ordering in December and getting car by 12/31. That's my hunch. So, order now!

Reactions: tren01t
Just got off phone with my SA from Corte Madera, basically asking for updates. Coincidentally, a delivery manager was in the store and had new info:
  • All orders placed in October/November (assume earlier as well) will receive VINs by end of this month (!)
  • California deliveries will be 2nd and 3rd week of December to avoid after Xmas rush
It's good news for federal tax credit, not so much for California rebate. However, I'd bet some earlier orders might get delivered in time.

Also, don't count on ordering in December and getting car by 12/31. That's my hunch. So, order now!

I was originally told delivery would occur mid December but had gotten a call a day after telling me that if I finalized my payment method soon, I would be able to take delivery last week of November or first week of December as they were pushing earlier orders in first. The rest would be coming in mid December up until the remainder of the year.

EDIT: This was for the Costa Mesa delivery center in Socal.

I was at the Rocklin, CA SC today and their parking lot was devoid of cars. They had one of each (S,3,X) for demo drives and one of each in the showroom. I asked them if they were still a delivery center and they said "Yes, but they had no cars to deliver". They do expect to get very busy with deliveries towards the end of November though ...

Does Tesla deliver into Mexico? If not, maybe it was going to swing east into Texas via the 10, etc. But then, that's not the optimal route from Fremont.

From other sightings, it appears southbound trucks head south on US101 and (assume) cut over to I5. The best route is to head east at Bakersfield to Barstow and then pick up I40 or I15. That's much better than traversing the Grapevine and then dealing with heavy traffic around Pasadena.

So yeah, I'll go with a California delivery center! ;)

Reactions: justin.jdl

This is great to hear! Hopefully it turns out to be true. The holidays have me worried that it will come down to delivery Dec 26-31. Ordered Nov 11 SR+ Blue/White FSD so we will see!

Does Tesla deliver into Mexico? If not, maybe it was going to swing east into Texas via the 10, etc. But then, that's not the optimal route from Fremont.

From other sightings, it appears southbound trucks head south on US101 and (assume) cut over to I5. The best route is to head east at Bakersfield to Barstow and then pick up I40 or I15. That's much better than traversing the Grapevine and then dealing with heavy traffic around Pasadena.

So yeah, I'll go with a California delivery center! ;)

Keeping my fingers crossed! :cool: