Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 window woudn't roll up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SigNC

Aug 23, 2017
NC
Ran into an issue last night where my window would not go up. It would go up about 4 inches and then go all the way back down. I reset the car, no change, tried to hold the window button down to reset, no change. Finally instead of trying to move it all up in one motion I moved it up in small increments until it was all the way up. Once I did this, the window started functioning correctly again. Just posting in case anybody runs into this and does a search.

Ran into an issue last night where my window would not go up. It would go up about 4 inches and then go all the way back down. I reset the car, no change, tried to hold the window button down to reset, no change. Finally instead of trying to move it all up in one motion I moved it up in small increments until it was all the way up. Once I did this, the window started functioning correctly again. Just posting in case anybody runs into this and does a search.

@SigNC,

Did you file a Bug Report with Tesla?

Ski

Recalibrate the window motor & regulator:

Sit in driver's seat (so car is ON).
Hold affected window button down until window runs all the way down.
Keep holding the button down for another 5 seconds or so.
Now hold the button up to close the window.
Keep holding the button up for about 5 seconds and then let go.
Now try tapping the button to get the window to go down ,and tap to go up/close.

There are force sensors on the window motors/regulators. If the window track gets sticky, the window will stall/stop.

yeah I tried that. I held it down for 10 seconds, then tried to hold it up to go all the way up and it wouldn't go. Only the going up in small increments got it beyond the mid area.