Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 with autopilot HW3 option APH4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I spoke to an inside rep at Tesla today regarding HW3. She did not know when Model 3’s would begin shipping with HW3 hardware. Of note she mentioned that per a tweet from Elon the price of the cars will go up once the cars have HW3 computers onboard.

This doesn’t make much sense to me since the price of FSD is supposed to include the cost of the hardware. I don’t follow Elon’s tweets. Did anyone see him tweet something about this recently?

I spoke to an inside rep at Tesla today regarding HW3. She did not know when Model 3’s would begin shipping with HW3 hardware. Of note she mentioned that per a tweet from Elon the price of the cars will go up once the cars have HW3 computers onboard.

This doesn’t make much sense to me since the price of FSD is supposed to include the cost of the hardware. I don’t follow Elon’s tweets. Did anyone see him tweet something about this recently?

No, just a clueless rep, which is par for the course.

What he said was FSD would be going up, substantially, after May 1st- the implication being after the April 22nd FSD demo you'd have a bit over a week to get onboard before it went up.

For those people who took delivery around that date, I wonder if Tesla will ever provide an official mechanism for checking your hardware.

Official, probably no, but sites that let you log in and they pull your option codes will probably tell you. I looked at EV-cpo and it doesn’t look like they’re able to get the M3 AP hardware version at the moment so you cant just give them a vin number or check before you buy. Teslastat as an app does (plus a load of ongoing info, there’s a short free period), or Tesla-info looks like they can can tell you for free, both need either a Tesla token or to log in with your credentials.

Official, probably no, but sites that let you log in and they pull your option codes will probably tell you. I looked at EV-cpo and it doesn’t look like they’re able to get the M3 AP hardware version at the moment so you cant just give them a vin number or check before you buy. Teslastat as an app does (plus a load of ongoing info, there’s a short free period), or Tesla-info looks like they can can tell you for free, both need either a Tesla token or to log in with your credentials.

Another thread is stating that 2019.7.X is an indicator of HW3. Any recent deliveries want to give the first three of their VIN and SW version.

Reactions: willow_hiller
Another thread is stating that 2019.7.X is an indicator of HW3. Any recent deliveries want to give the first three of their VIN and SW version.

Not sure that's reliable although I could be wrong, but I believe 2019.7.x means its a software release in week 7 of 2019, now that release may only be for HW3 cars, but cars don't always update very quickly so not having it doesn't mean its not HW3 and if a 2019.15.X release came out (one released in week 15) then it would supersede the previous 2019.7 release .

• Helpful
Reactions: willow_hiller
Contacted sales rep but it seems sales handed over my case to delivery once vin was assigned since he's not responding my email or phone call promptly. On the other hand, delivery person was very responsive and he unassigned the vin a day before delivery and I'm waiting again for one with HW3 :)