Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Different MSRP pricing on 2022 Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm looking at two different 2022 Model 3 Long Range vehicles. Both look the same except for the paint color. One is white, the other is blue.
But when I look up both VINs at the Nevada DMV, it shows one vehicle MSRP is $57,990 and the other MSRP is $50990. That's a difference of $7000.

I can't tell exactly what the difference between the two vehicles besides the paint color. I've verified that neither has enhanced autopilot or full self driving. They have just the basic autopilot. Any ideas why the MSRP is different?

See attached screenshots.

white-tesla.png
blue-tesla.png

I forgot to mention that the white one is the $57990 (top picture from DMV) and the blue one is $50990 (bottom picture).

The MSRP makes a difference on what the yearly registration fee is paid to the DMV. It's not a huge difference, but it is around $125 per year due to the $7000 MSRP difference.

The VIN of the blue one with MSRP $50,999 shows it for sale by Hertz, and title history (through Autocheck) starting on July 6, 2022. This is relatively late in the 2022 model year. Could it be that Hertz ordered it much earlier with staggered delivery of a large batch of cars? Normal retail orders when the base price was $48,990 (mid-2021) were likely delivered near the beginning of the 2022 model year (late 2021 or early 2022).

It looks like the other one is sold, since searching the VIN shows no current listing for sale (from which an Autocheck or Carfax history if provided by the seller would give some clue).

Reactions: JWLV