Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S 2014 - Reman battery at 2021 - question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello. I want to ask a question - if its a normal thing. Have MS85, with reman battery inside. I charge it to 300KM ~about 90%. Driving it home out of supercharger like ~20km, and next day the range is left about 250km. is that normal to loose 30+km overnight ?
I charge it every two - three days. The max i can drive from battery is like 200KM instead of 300KM. The weather outside is like ~0 or -5 celsius .Energy saving is ON. Consumption avarage 230Wh/KM. Heater is with range mode, and im not set more than 21c inside.

30 km = 18 miles. That is normal if the car remains powered up. For example, if you have Sentry mode on (an MCU2 or later feature), it will use close to 1 mile per hour. Your car came with MCU1, but if you did an MCU2 retrofit, Sentry mode is the likely culprit.

Leaving a door ajar even 1/4" would also cause this. In some situations, the pumps can remain on, which also uses up about this much power. Anyway, it appears something is keeping the car on.

There are other things that can cause this on newer cars, but you'd need to have AP2, which I don't think your 85 car could have.

30 km = 18 miles. That is normal if the car remains powered up. For example, if you have Sentry mode on (an MCU2 or later feature), it will use close to 1 mile per hour. Your car came with MCU1, but if you did an MCU2 retrofit, Sentry mode is the likely culprit.
No 2014 car has sentry mode in any form.

The most likely culprit is the continuously running coolant pump on 85kwh cars when charged to ~80%+.

• Helpful
Reactions: Rocky_H
No sentry mode at my car, no cameras only the reverse camera. Another example today : I charged three days ago to 80%, at this moment i have 20% left. Total range i drove is 100km.. I dont know if its okay.. 0 celsius outside

Not normal, make sure your climate control is turned off. Try to see if there are any fans coming on when you check in on the car.
80-20% over 100km driven in three days in a 9 year old 85kwh car at freezing temps is 100% normal. There’s nothing “wrong” with the car (that’s 100% what Tesla will tell you anyway) and climate staying on would drain it much much faster.

Multiple short trips over several days at cold temps is pretty much worst case for range/consumption.

• Helpful
Reactions: Rocky_H
80-20% over 100km driven in three days in a 9 year old 85kwh car at freezing temps is 100% normal. There’s nothing “wrong” with the car (that’s 100% what Tesla will tell you anyway) and climate staying on would drain it much much faster.

Multiple short trips over several days at cold temps is pretty much worst case for range/consumption.
Thank you! Was thinking that is the last months for battery pack. :D

This is from owners manual. I hope u have an outlet on ur house?

Attachments

• official.JPG
    official.JPG
    585.3 KB · Views: 101