Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S 90D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a December build 2016 S 90D
it’s a fairly rare combo of free SC01 transferable supercharging and AP 2.0. The autopilot 2.0 cars were only built near the end of 2016
2016 was an odd year for the Model S
It started with the old nose one, then got upgraded to the refreshed front end, then late in the year went to AP 2.0
I’ve ordered a new S and hope my 2016 configuration will help with selling my 2016. I’ll probably list it here shortly

Reactions: MSJack
Upvote 0
The 2016's still had the option for the pano roof, so if you're someone that wants a sunroof, it can be attractive for that reason.

Also, 2016's had the ability to do much more configuration of the interior. You could independently pick seat color vs. headliner color, and could select from several different wood trim options. That gave much more ability to tune the interior to your taste when ordering versus later years it's just black vs. white vs. light tan.

2016s were also in the time period when the free supercharging would transfer to a new owner upon sale. That's going to be very hit and miss in the future as may be some where owners may elect to take the option to transfer their FUSC to a new car by year end. If they do that, then the older car reverts to pay-as-you go supercharging. So I can foresee a lot more posts in a couple months from people buying 2016s where they expected FUSC only to find out that it had been stripped by the prior owner that chose not to fully disclose that fact.

So if @idealsol is planning to take the offer, then I'm not sure I fully agree that his car will be viewed as anything special, as it's really no different than a 2017 that never had FUSC. Same situation when I sell my mid-June 2016 MS90D towards year end as I'm intending to transfer over my SC01 FUSC to my new MS LR when it arrives hopefully around end of November.

Reactions: Ciaopec and MSJack
Upvote 0
The 2016's still had the option for the pano roof, so if you're someone that wants a sunroof, it can be attractive for that reason.

Also, 2016's had the ability to do much more configuration of the interior. You could independently pick seat color vs. headliner color, and could select from several different wood trim options. That gave much more ability to tune the interior to your taste when ordering versus later years it's just black vs. white vs. light tan.

2016s were also in the time period when the free supercharging would transfer to a new owner upon sale. That's going to be very hit and miss in the future as may be some where owners may elect to take the option to transfer their FUSC to a new car by year end. If they do that, then the older car reverts to pay-as-you go supercharging. So I can foresee a lot more posts in a couple months from people buying 2016s where they expected FUSC only to find out that it had been stripped by the prior owner that chose not to fully disclose that fact.

So if @idealsol is planning to take the offer, then I'm not sure I fully agree that his car will be viewed as anything special, as it's really no different than a 2017 that never had FUSC. Same situation when I sell my mid-June 2016 MS90D towards year end as I'm intending to transfer over my SC01 FUSC to my new MS LR when it arrives hopefully around end of November.
I’m inclined not to take the supercharging offer. I don’t use supercharging much and will hope I do a little better on the sale with the transferable charging

Reactions: MSJack
Upvote 0