Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S and X price and option changes in the UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So AP/FSD prices are also going back up to normal along with the 3% price rise next week.

Tesla is bringing Autopilot prices ‘back to normal’, Elon Musk admits mistake

FSD for my March ‘17 S75D was £4.9k and is now at the bargain price of £1.9k. I’m expecting to hand the car back in March ‘21 or sell and upgrade sometime before then, depending on the numbers.

The car has free Superchargering for life and is luxury car tax exempt too.

Buying FSD will get me (or the next owner) HW3 hardware although no dates have been mentioned. Full FSD is yonks away but features might be released gradually. Alternatively it remains vapourware as does the hardware upgrade.

I’m pretty tempted, less so for any features I might see but more for the potential added resale/part ex value o_O

I'd be interested to know if there's anyone on here who placed a deposit pre price drop and has not yet taken delivery...
I am in that situation and have been told to expect a private adjustment. A lot of the inventory cars have been reduced as of yesterday, but I'm still waiting to hear. I could of course switch cars but I'm due for delivery in 3 days!
If anyone has had the price adjustment it would be great to hear.

How did this work out for you?

There were a couple of USA people in that position who posted, they were promised the new prices would be applied to their orders but at delivery there was no price change...

How did this work out for you?

There were a couple of USA people in that position who posted, they were promised the new prices would be applied to their orders but at delivery there was no price change...

It went down to the wire in the end, I hadn't paid the remainder of the deposit and said I was happy to delay delivery whilst they sorted out the price adjustment, but my salesman called at 4:30pm the day before delivery and offered 3 year service plan and FSD upgrade, so I took that. I think perhaps I got pretty lucky. I'm on a PCP so a top end price adjustment probably wouldn't benefit me in practice as much as free servicing, and hopefully the FSD, if nothing else, might improve the residual in 4 years time...

Whilst I got pretty frustrated at points the sales team were all great and were fighting my corner for me, so I'm pretty happy.

The 3 year servicing will be a direct benefit to you for sure, I wouldn't expect any bump on the residual though, the guaranteed value on your PCP is probably rather ambitious already given the price changes both now and likley over the next 4 years.

Whilst I got pretty frustrated at points the sales team were all great and were fighting my corner for me,

This is a common theme ... Tesla Right and Left hands have no idea what the other is up to, so Sales probably heard about the changes on this forum before their internal briefing ... thus its common for them to have to come up to speed in front of clients, and clients to be frustrated. Flip side, Tesla have typically honoured prices etc. pre sale - there were two price rises and numerous changes to my car before I took delivery all of which Tesla took on the chin.