Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S AP-1 2016 85D - will not switch off

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The car does not seem to turn off (Daytime running lights are on, the car does not lock, etc.). I have had this problem for a couple of years now but I was told by the SC in Oakville, ON that I accidentally press the brake pedal the second time after I put the car in park - hence the car "thinks" it should turn itself on when the break pedal is pressed the second time. My solution used to be I open the driver door after I close it and open and close it again. It worked all these days but now nothing seems to turn the car off unless I go to the centre console and Power Off the car.

I did book an appointment with the SC but thought I would find out if anyone else has had this problem.

OK, my solution here. As I did not drive past two days I was not able to say it yet, but I might have overcome this by hard reset via “wheel configuration” button under Service dab. Of course you need to reset the whees back so it takes two restarts. I hope it stays now like it should...