Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Beta in Toronto

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Too bad it's a bit far for me still. What's the cheapest way to fly from winnipeg to Toronto? :)

Make.sure you give feedback to the reps about not wanting "minimum noise" makers, since our government hasn't made any laws mandating them. Which beta will be there? I wouldn't mind hearing more people's opinions on the sig red color - it's so hard to judge color online.

It's the sig red on display in Toronto. The rear facing kiddie seats were removed unfortunately. (I was hoping the white one would be there, but facebook tells me it's in Seattle right now...)

They didn't have the undercarriage/skateboard display there, I was told it'll be arriving for Saturday.

Too bad it's a bit far for me still. What's the cheapest way to fly from winnipeg to Toronto? :)

Make.sure you give feedback to the reps about not wanting "minimum noise" makers, since our government hasn't made any laws mandating them. Which beta will be there? I wouldn't mind hearing more people's opinions on the sig red color - it's so hard to judge color online.

It's the sig red on display in Toronto. The rear facing kiddie seats were removed unfortunately. (I was hoping the white one would be there, but facebook tells me it's in Seattle right now...)

The red one and I have history. My ride was in it. And when I went back for a late-night extra spin, it was the red one again. Also planning to buy Signature Red.

They didn't have the undercarriage/skateboard display there, I was told it'll be arriving for Saturday.

I saw that at the factory, but can't hurt to eyeball it again. What I really want to do is sit in the Beta for more than two minutes.

Call that religious devotion? Tesla seems to induce the same kind of worship in their customers like Apple...
BTW do you plan to camp on the sidewalk in front of the shop until it opens on Monday morning? :biggrin:

Uh, no, this is actually going to be a pretty lazy affair. There's a train station 5 minutes from my house. I'll drive over there, take the train, get off at Union Station about noon, and walk up to the event in 5 minutes. Repeat in reverse to go home.

Toronto Model S Pics

First, here's the scene. Tesla had steady traffic all day. Hans, Sarah, Lisa, Eli, and Mark were all there, plus one of the sales team from California. They were kept pretty busy.

attachment.php?attachmentid=3329&d=1320645805.jpg

They also had some of the innards on display, similar to what we saw at the factory event:

attachment.php?attachmentid=3330&d=1320645810.jpg

I was interested in seeing more details - we just didn't have enough time with the full-up cars at the factory event. Hans gave me a good tour of the touchscreen. Then I focused on getting some close-up pictures of various parts.

Here is the charger "in action". It was plugged into a 110V outlet at one point, and the ring was rapidly flashing green.

attachment.php?attachmentid=3331&d=1320645813.jpg

Here's something I didn't notice at the factory event - four little reading lights. Two were up front, and two in the back on either side (not shown here). You stick your finger into them to turn them on. They appear to be white phosphor-type LEDs. One minor nit - they are set up to fade on/off, but they do it so slowly you tend to think you didn't push hard enough and click again, only to have the light blink on and off. Presumably they can tweak that a bit.

attachment.php?attachmentid=3332&d=1320645817.jpg

Here's a view inside the glove box. It's very deep - you can practically bury your whole forearm in there.

attachment.php?attachmentid=3333&d=1320645820.jpg

Here's the bin between the front seats. I had a hard time getting a good camera angle on it. It extends all the way back to the center console between the driver and passenger. Looks like it would be very useful. Hopefully they will replace the carpeting with a "bumpy" rubber mat of some kind. Otherwise everything you put in is going to swim around in there.

attachment.php?attachmentid=3334&d=1320645823.jpg

There are what look like four little doors around the pano roof assembly. I guess they probably pop open to let the mechanism that holds the roof rise through them...? Edit: no... should have gone with my first thought! They're roof rack attachment points.

attachment.php?attachmentid=3335&d=1320645824.jpg

Apparently the rest of this thread wandered off to the roof rack topic.

Attachments

• S1.JPG
    S1.JPG
    307.7 KB · Views: 376
  • S2.JPG
    S2.JPG
    252.5 KB · Views: 2,289
  • S3.JPG
    S3.JPG
    164.2 KB · Views: 310
  • S4.JPG
    S4.JPG