Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S blinking Morse code with headlights when parked?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been noticing this blinking for more than a week. My Nest camera has been capturing this . I noticed two passenger side flashes first followed by two driver side flashes. See attached videos. There is a click sound just before the first passenger side blinking as if something is turning on and the sound probably stops at the end. I have videos from 2 separate dates. My neighbors thought my car is possessed so last night I decided to park my other car in front of my S.
I have tried to attach the mp4 files here. Hope it uploaded.
Attached one video here

It is version 2019.28.3.1 f9e95acd on my 2017 Model S w/ MCU1 HW2.0. Release notes do not say anything about the light issue (I didnt expect them to). I think they are the same notes as before. I guess I'll find out tonight. I had five occurrences last night. The first was 11:25pm thru 4:11am.

15659914342311930551386480326258.jpg

This just started happening on my 2017 S with AP2. Last update I know of was last week. The lights started flashing last night which was quite annoying because normally it is in my garage (with security cam) but last night was street parking in London. I'm not thrilled with the idea that at random times it just turns it's lights on at the side of the road and blinks the lights.

Looks like the car is a John making itself know to the hooker :/

I'm sure there must be rules about this, especially when it comes to street parking?

So here is a new issue I haven't seen mentioned here before... Our Model S is blinking the headlights (left/right) like everyone else here all night long. We also have a 2013 Chrysler 300 now blinking it's headlights seemingly in response to the Tesla. I'm not sure how this is even possible as the Chrysler is not wifi conneted to my knowledge. But it's definitely happening all nignt long in our garage. My wife and I have both personally witnessed it on multiple occasions. Very strange. Anyway , I'd love to hear any ideas on how this could be happening.

• Funny
Reactions: croman
So here is a new issue I haven't seen mentioned here before... Our Model S is blinking the headlights (left/right) like everyone else here all night long. We also have a 2013 Chrysler 300 now blinking it's headlights seemingly in response to the Tesla. I'm not sure how this is even possible as the Chrysler is not wifi conneted to my knowledge. But it's definitely happening all nignt long in our garage. My wife and I have both personally witnessed it on multiple occasions. Very strange. Anyway , I'd love to hear any ideas on how this could be happening.

2019.28.3.1 Appears to fix it.

This just started happening on my 2017 S with AP2. Last update I know of was last week. The lights started flashing last night which was quite annoying because normally it is in my garage (with security cam) but last night was street parking in London. I'm not thrilled with the idea that at random times it just turns it's lights on at the side of the road and blinks the lights.

Looks like the car is a John making itself know to the hooker :/

I'm sure there must be rules about this, especially when it comes to street parking?

2019.28.3.1 Appears to fix this issue.