Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Bought in October 2016 still has autopilot 1.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I really thought I found a unicorn. A 2016 Model S 75 with free unlimited supercharging and the refresh face lift. Used at a dealership. I’m bummed out that it still only has autopilot 1.0 because everything I’ve read online so far says that the later version has 2.0! Carmax said title was registered late October. Is this the case for anyone else?

Also, if it’s not too much to ask: how much would you pay for one of these with 71,000 miles?

Attachments

• EA453EC8-E13B-4A27-8789-050A6BC01576.jpeg
    EA453EC8-E13B-4A27-8789-050A6BC01576.jpeg
    762.8 KB · Views: 125
I really thought I found a unicorn. A 2016 Model S 75 with free unlimited supercharging and the refresh face lift. Used at a dealership. I’m bummed out that it still only has autopilot 1.0 because everything I’ve read online so far says that the later version has 2.0! Carmax said title was registered late October. Is this the case for anyone else?

Also, if it’s not too much to ask: how much would you pay for one of these with 71,000 miles?
What are they asking for it?

As long as the FUSC hasn’t been turned off I’d probably give ~$28-30K for it. How much for the extended?

Isn’t that the battery pack with more noticeable degradation issues?
90 seems to be the most ripped for degradation but some people complain about degradation for all batteries. I have a 75S updated to HW3 (about two months newer than the car discussed here). Current max range is about 230 vs 249 new (about 7.5% degradation), which seems reasonable —and that has stayed pretty constant for at least a year. The car has about 35,000 miles and is seldom Supercharged.

I would be more concerned about being stuck on AP1, though my wife never uses autopilot so obviously that doesn’t matter to some owners.

My 2015 70D is about 5% degraded at 66k miles. I don’t think that’s too bad. The biggest things I wish had-

1)newer autopilot. 1.0 is good, but no sentry mode, no dash cam, no updates.

2) faster supercharging. Mine maxes out at 110Kw and quickly clips lower from there.