TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model S Customer Begins Blog on TTAC

Discussion in 'Model S' started by doug, Aug 31, 2009.

Tags:
  1. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

2. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

Interesting move. Hopefully this guy doesn't have a short fuse later on, but judging by his four paragraph rant about the regen (based on a spin around the block) I'm not so sure.

3. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

I liked that. Quality, not Quantity.

4. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

doug, check the comments again

5. Cobos

Cobos S60 Owner since 2013 - sold, S85D owner since 2017

Yeah could someone that has better english and is better at explaining this please pick apart his conclusion.
    The roadster and probably the Model S do have direct mechanical drive, pulling energy from a battery is above 90% efficiency as far as I know, but I don't have any facts to back that up.
    If you charge slowly the losses are neglicable etc. etc.

Cobos

6. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Very nice doug. I actually got chills when I read his response. clap.gif

7. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

Nice job. The only comment I have is that a modern ultracritical steam plant (coal fired or in the near future, nuclear) is 45-48% efficient.

8. doug

I wanted to err on the conservative side to reduce the chances of someone calling BS. I also didn't want to spend to much time on it. Mainly I'm happy the guy was able to accept a simple thermodynamic argument.

9. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

Your strategy seems to have worked. :smile:

10. Cobos

Yes an excellent post, and it seems that did get through considering the response you got. Thanks a lot for taking the time, it does show a Ph.D. in physics does pay off :)

Cobos

11. doug

A second installment:

Tesla Roadster Buyer Report 2: Crickets Chirping | The Truth About Cars

12. BBHighway

BBHighway Member

He put up $5000 just so he could complain about Tesla on TTAC? I thought people could do that for free.

I see from the comments that after delivering 700 cars Tesla still produces "vaporware".

Predictable, sad but completely predictable.

13. johnr

johnr Member

#13 johnr, Sep 18, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2009
    Thanks ... I never would have found it otherwise, the way this website is totally disorganized when it comes to finding updates to specific blogs. How did you find part 2 BTW?

Oh one more thing - I don't know why he's not getting any updates from them, since I get their monthly email newsletter...and another thing, yeah their owners section forum is very much dead - which is why I hang out here instead, there's always something going on here on TMC.

14. Tim

Tim Member

I see that Farago is leaving TTAC since their editorial funding has been cut to nil. Maybe they'll be kind enough to post a TTAC deathwatch. That site is just annoying.

15. rolosrevenge

rolosrevenge Dr. EVS

I actually enjoy TTAC. I think that it is the site that I visit the most. I will miss Robert Farago and with his departure there is a very real chance that TTAC will die.

16. Laurent

Laurent Member

I got on the waiting list fairly early on (Sig 97 and P144) and I have yet to receive an update from Tesla. Maybe I got blacklisted after I cancelled my Roadster order in May... :frown:

17. Cobos

I'm pretty sure the missing newsletter is simply Tesla's buggy email-software. We've had several people here complaining that they don't get the newsletters, regardless of if you ordered something or not.

As I've said earlier, the guy got a production number... some hasn't even gotten that...

Cobos