Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S delivery date bumped significantly!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys,
I recently ordered Model S on Nov 20th. My estimated delivery date at the time was Oct 2022.
I opened my app a couple of days back to find that my delivery date has been advanced to March 15-April 12. A 7 month bump!!!

Do you think this might be a system glitch? I need to plan accordingly if that's the case. Wondering if anyone saw this kind of bump and if this might be the correct estimate?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Hey guys,
I recently ordered Model S on Nov 20th. My estimated delivery date at the time was Oct 2022.
I opened my app a couple of days back to find that my delivery date has been advanced to March 15-April 12. A 7 month bump!!!

Do you think this might be a system glitch? I need to plan accordingly if that's the case. Wondering if anyone saw this kind of bump and if this might be the correct estimate?

Thanks a lot in advance.
Take Tesla’s initial estimates with a rather hefty grain of salt, let me tell you. I would say keep an eye on it, that’s all. Be prepared for it to show up anytime in the coming months.

Reactions: cwanja and Drew-MS
I ordered Model S Plaid on Oct 9. Tesla gave me a delivery date range May-June 2022. About a week later, the date was changed to 6 - 31 December. A month ago, it was changed to 3 - 17 December. A little over a week ago, they gave me three delivery date choices: 11, 13, or 14 December. Delivery is set for this Saturday, the 11th.
I'll get to fondle it for a couple of days as I'm delivering it Monday to get Xpel applied.
So yes, the dates appear to be pretty fluid.

I ordered Model S Plaid on Oct 9. Tesla gave me a delivery date range May-June 2022. About a week later, the date was changed to 6 - 31 December. A month ago, it was changed to 3 - 17 December. A little over a week ago, they gave me three delivery date choices: 11, 13, or 14 December. Delivery is set for this Saturday, the 11th.
I'll get to fondle it for a couple of days as I'm delivering it Monday to get Xpel applied.
So yes, the dates appear to be pretty fluid.
Wow! That is super quick. Congrats on such a cool Christmas gift. 😃

An update on my delivery estimate-
From my initial delivery date - Oct 2022, it moved to Mid March. Now today I wakeup to find out that the delivery has been updated to Dec14-Dec31st. This all happened within three weeks of ordering.

I am not sure what to say about their estimates. Let's wait and watch!!

Reactions: Wilber
An update on my delivery estimate-
From my initial delivery date - Oct 2022, it moved to Mid March. Now today I wakeup to find out that the delivery has been updated to Dec14-Dec31st. This all happened within three weeks of ordering.

I am not sure what to say about their estimates. Let's wait and watch!!
Yikes! I think it MAY be due to you living close to Fremont. They like to save those to the last days of the quarter. I live 30 miles North of Fremont and my EDD hanged from mid January to next week just a couple days ago!

Once I realized I could sell my leased 2020 S and come out ahead I started looking at the S Plaid. On the morning of the 24th the color combination I wanted said May/June and my second choice said Jan/Feb. Went back to decide at lunch and it now said December for all combinations. I ordered and within minutes I was at Dec 24-28 and I will be picking it up on the 29th. Thinking some logistics logjam has been cleared. A shipping container full of chips just came off the bottom of the pile at the port?🤣

Once I realized I could sell my leased 2020 S and come out ahead I started looking at the S Plaid. On the morning of the 24th the color combination I wanted said May/June and my second choice said Jan/Feb. Went back to decide at lunch and it now said December for all combinations. I ordered and within minutes I was at Dec 24-28 and I will be picking it up on the 29th. Thinking some logistics logjam has been cleared. A shipping container full of chips just came off the bottom of the pile at the port?🤣
Seems like there is a huge inventory on the Plaids (Website shows many available). But Model S LR are in scarcity.

Hello,
Today, while looking at the existing inventory I found a Model S LR (A different color and FSD included). I went ahead and placed an order for it. Does anyone have an idea if this could be a rejected vehicle by any chance? I stay close to Fremont but still the delivery day is Dec31st-Jan 4 (This makes me wonder if this was not a rejected one)

Hello,
Today, while looking at the existing inventory I found a Model S LR (A different color and FSD included). I went ahead and placed an order for it. Does anyone have an idea if this could be a rejected vehicle by any chance? I stay close to Fremont but still the delivery day is Dec31st-Jan 4 (This makes me wonder if this was not a rejected one)
Crap. My mind reading skills are failing. To better answer your question, I guess you will need to share part of your VIN with us.