TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model S Jerking at creep speed

Discussion in 'Model S' started by cfwild, May 11, 2018.

1. cfwild

cfwild New Member

Has anyone else had a problem with their car jerking or sputtering a bit when coming to a rolling stop? It just started happening a few days ago. I took it to the service center and they had never heard of the problem before and of course I could not get it to replicate the issue while there, only to have it start happening again a day later.

2. Fusion

Fusion Member

From a complete stop try pushing on the accelerator pedal slightly/slowly to get the car moving slowing. Does it give you the same feeling? I have heard of people getting it during a stop to start, but not from coming to a stop.

3. scottm

scottm Version 9 software sufferer

Sometimes, rolling into garage, parking lot, etc.. very light pedal push gives slight pulsating movement of the car. Happens only when on-pedal... When coasting at any speed (foot off) always is a smooth glide.

Was there something bumpy on the ground you were running over when it happened?

And since you used the word "creep" in the title..... do you have creep setting on or off? That might be helpful for others trying to help you. My creep setting is off.

4. Tiger

Tiger Active Member

Sounds like a clutch issue o_O

• Like x 1
  5. Upscaleman

Upscaleman Member

Clearly, you have a problem with your transmission. :)