Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

model S long range plus 2020 full self driving

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After having enjoyed my 2015 model S for almost five years I decided to buy the 2020 model S long range plus. Lousy sales and delivery experience. No matter, the car drives nicely except for some noise. Car is currently in the shop with the dashboard off while the tech is trying to figure out how to fix the problem. Luckily we have a good service shop in Seaside.

More to the point, I purchased the car with the autopilot feature assuming it would have the same capability as the 2015 model, sales staff did not explain that autopilot is basically a cruise control. For the last six weeks was trying to figure out why I could not get the autopark to work. I called the service shop a couple of times and was told the feature was "finicky".

Finally today I was told that autopark is not included in the autopilot package I purchased, you have to buy the full self driving feature ($8,000 plus tax) to get autopark. This is a warning for anyone trying to buy a new TESLA. The new cars do not come with the same features as the previous models.

Yes, I found this out the hard way too. My 2017 Model S was declared a total loss in an accident, and I purchased a 2019 Model S, without knowing that the new car didn't have the same features included with Autopilot like the last one did.

After having enjoyed my 2015 model S for almost five years I decided to buy the 2020 model S long range plus. Lousy sales and delivery experience. No matter, the car drives nicely except for some noise. Car is currently in the shop with the dashboard off while the tech is trying to figure out how to fix the problem. Luckily we have a good service shop in Seaside.

More to the point, I purchased the car with the autopilot feature assuming it would have the same capability as the 2015 model, sales staff did not explain that autopilot is basically a cruise control. For the last six weeks was trying to figure out why I could not get the autopark to work. I called the service shop a couple of times and was told the feature was "finicky".

Finally today I was told that autopark is not included in the autopilot package I purchased, you have to buy the full self driving feature ($8,000 plus tax) to get autopark. This is a warning for anyone trying to buy a new TESLA. The new cars do not come with the same features as the previous models.

serious? What's included in autopilot is clearly stated on the order page.

Reactions: SO16
Summon is most useful for me in two cases:

When at the grocery store and someone parks so close to the car that I can’t get in the hatch, I pull forward a couple feet.

When at the gas station air pump and the valve stems are at the bottom. Roll in either direction about half a tire rotation so I don’t have to bend over so much.