Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S MCU1 Upgrade to MCU 2 - Availability in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nope. No words yet, surely the impact of global trade has to do with it.

I have a 2016 S and 2020 3. While the 3 is faster and more responsive, it ain't worth the money. I thought I would upgrade too but now might wait till it dies

Scheduled an appt in Montreal SC. Looks like they can only upgrade FSD computer, not MCU. Interestingly, I have MCU1+AP2.0, and I'm told that they can do the upgrade
I have the same combo. So far, it seems this has been done a few times in the US, but the Canada service crew don’t have all the technical wiring diagrams they need to do the same. My Ranger thinks he might have an update for me in a couple of weeks.

Okay.
Who is doing it?

I just took delivery of Used Model S.. Screen seems ok. on Ap2.
I have a few things to monitor.
I know my headlights ON during the day.
Hear some whining/whistling noise, may be normal- Drive unit.
AC is on and off very LOUD.
My model S mobile charger Gen 1 40A-( I know charger is in the car- but we all call it charger.) charge the car ok.
But I cannot use it on my model 3, get a message latch is not enable.

Any advice welcome.

Thanks

That's good to know the touchscreen gets replaced. I had the yellow border issue fixed by Tesla via UV, but it's back ...sigh.
It's weird, I had that start to show up, then it basically went away on it's own. I can't even see it anymore, and Tesla has never done anything to it (because it was never bad enough for me to bother them with it).