Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S New Badging for New 2019 Models

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Increasing brand awareness and distinguishing models. It's easy to think everyone knows Tesla and the S vs X vs 3, but I've had multiple conversations this year that the badging answers:

a) "What car brand is this?" (with the follow up response "I've never heard of Tesla")
b) "Oh, is it that Model 3 I've heard about?"
c) "So you've got one of those Ludicrous mode cars!"

Lol, my normal Q/A session goes like this....

Wow, that’s a nice car what kind is it? **“Tesla”
Who makes it? **“Tesla”
No, who makes it? **“Tesla”
Oh, is that Japanese? **“No, American”
No, like where is it made? **“California”
Really? Oh, wait that’s one of those electric cars, right? **“Yes”
I heard they’re fast, are they? **“Fastest car I’ve ever been in”

I’m not one for a lot of public attention, but it’s funny how little the folks here on the semi-rural east coast know about the brand or the car.

2021 Model ? only has "Dual Motor" on the passenger side trunk. I honestly don't understand how that is more important than the model if people should ask.

Better to have nothing IMHO so I'll have it removed when wrapped.

IDK, I bought the Performance model for the flex, and I want to show that flex. :p I've bought old school P 100 D L labeling I'm going to put on mine after it's wrapped and the old one is removed.

Just hope it's not revealed at some point to be more than 100kWh. :eek:

I debadged mine as well. The font used for the 'Model S' logo on the left is hideous and once seen, it cannot be unseen.

I'd remove the Tesla lettering on the back as well if I could figure out a way. Anyone know if that's possible? Is there a replacement part that's just chrome?

I am a proud 60D Owner. Did not debadge. But then, I looked up word debadge on Wikipedia and they give some reasons for debadging:
"Often debadging is done to complement the smoothed-out bodywork of a modified car, or to disguise a lower-specification model. Some people driving high-end luxury cars, do it not to flaunt the fact their car is any different from any other model and remove the badge. In Europe in particular, it is a common request for purchasers of high-end models of cars like BMW or Mercedes-Benz, etc. to have the emblems removed."

I recently bought 2019 model S performance with ludicrous mode. It has only ‘Dual Motor’ with red underlined at back right side and no ‘Model S’ badging on left. I asked Tesla reps, they say the that is how the model been made.