Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S on a budget

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi TMC fam!

Please help me be a part of the Tesla family too! I've read in one of the posts that a Model S 60, 90k miles went for less than $27k. How likely will similar pricing and specs be available again? I'm new to the hunting game.

Desires: warranty, accidents-free, clean title, pano roof, free supercharger

If anyone has one to sell at similar pricing, please PM me :D Thanks in advance!

Champagne taste, beer wallet!

Just be aware the power train warranty on the original 60 cars is capped at 125k miles and you’ll be lucky to see over 190 miles on a full charge after the car has higher miles just due to normal degradation (not to mention slower supercharging).
The S85 will have an unlimited mile warranty that goes 8 yrs from first service and there are a few that went for low 30’s and will likely do so again.

It’s possible and there will likely be more towards the end of the year. Just be prepared to move fast and get a line with an owner advisor as many cars sell before they even hit the websites.

Champagne taste, beer wallet!

Just be aware the power train warranty on the original 60 cars is capped at 125k miles and you’ll be lucky to see over 190 miles on a full charge after the car has higher miles just due to normal degradation (not to mention slower supercharging).
The S85 will have an unlimited mile warranty that goes 8 yrs from first service and there are a few that went for low 30’s and will likely do so again.

It’s possible and there will likely be more towards the end of the year. Just be prepared to move fast and get a line with an owner advisor as many cars sell before they even hit the websites.

How do you get the hold of an advisor?

Hi TMC fam!

Please help me be a part of the Tesla family too! I've read in one of the posts that a Model S 60, 90k miles went for less than $27k. How likely will similar pricing and specs be available again? I'm new to the hunting game.

Desires: warranty, accidents-free, clean title, pano roof, free supercharger

If anyone has one to sell at similar pricing, please PM me :D Thanks in advance!

It's called the chevy Bolt..... and get in line plebeian. Apparently, Bolts are popular. Not sure how, but they are. Hhahaha.. just kidding. Like all high end cars, the only way to get a Tesla for cheap is to wait... and wait. Depreciation is a monster that eats luxury cars for breakfast quicker than you can say AP3.0. However, when depreciation does hit a car to a level that you want to pay for... you might not want it anymore because there is always something new on the horizon. If you really want a Tesla; wait 6 months. You will easily be able to get a Tesla for that much or even cheaper.

@eleison - could you please elaborate more on your statement - “wait 6 months” to get to sub-30k levels? What do you think will cause that? Just natural depreciation on the older / higher mileage models or some other event pushing prices down? I ask because I am also in a similar boat as the OP - would like to get into the Tesla family, but on a tight budget.

A side question - I see a lot of relatively late model and loaded MS owners looking to sell as their M3 delivery date comes up. Seems to me like they are downgrading. Why is that?