Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Paint

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anybody know if the MS is painted on the same line as the M3? I have a 2018 MS, March build, and the paint appears to be perfect to me. We have another on order and I’m concerned after reading so much about the M3 paint issues but haven’t seen anything regarding MS paint issues recently. Thanks

just took delivery...it's horrific. my car is still with the SC for repaint (they forgot to clear coat a panel and there are other chips). i think it's caused by Tesla cancer that's often known as the Model 3. Also expect the delivery experience to be drastically different since you took delivery. i have to say this is the worse car buying experience ive had and i've purchased from Volvo, BMW, Audi, Merc

It's the same paint shop yes.

And yes, the paint quality is still horrible.
Talked with a guy that detailed for tesla for three years and now doing it on his own and he said tesla paint are one of the worst in the industry right now. Toyota corollas have better paint quality.

Had to send my MS back to correct two spots, they had to send it to a.body shop.. . I do agree that the delivery experience is bad but it's part of the tesla experience right now, they are leaning and just overwhelmed.