Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S pickup post delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up my new Model S Long Range yesterday and quickly shot it over to my detail shop to have them take a look and inspect within the required 24 hr 100 mile window.
They found an area with a dust nib under the paint that will most likely require repaint or maybe wet sanding. Bummed about that and was wondering if that would should up under Carfax as damage or if this is a production issue at deliver rather than a damage event like a collision or something like that. I want to get the car ceramic coated and the dust NIB is detected but only upon looking closely at that area. I would analyze as to whether it's worth out or not for them to fix depending on how it shows up on Carfax report. does anyone know or can provide their viewpoint?

I picked up my new Model S Long Range yesterday and quickly shot it over to my detail shop to have them take a look and inspect within the required 24 hr 100 mile window.
They found an area with a dust nib under the paint that will most likely require repaint or maybe wet sanding. Bummed about that and was wondering if that would should up under Carfax as damage or if this is a production issue at deliver rather than a damage event like a collision or something like that. I want to get the car ceramic coated and the dust NIB is detected but only upon looking closely at that area. I would analyze as to whether it's worth out or not for them to fix depending on how it shows up on Carfax report. does anyone know or can provide their viewpoint?
Unless it goes through Insurance or Police it will not show up on CarFax