Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Plaid Track Package Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They do state re-alignment performed, but nothing about height adjustment. I set up another service visit for the 8th.
The first part of a air suspension alignment at Tesla is a height optimization. They can’t go ahead with an alignment in the system until that step is complete. They mis measured and entered incorrect values. Hence your issue. It’s easily corrected if they do it again right.

The first part of a air suspension alignment at Tesla is a height optimization. They can’t go ahead with an alignment in the system until that step is complete. They mis measured and entered incorrect values. Hence your issue. It’s easily corrected if they do it again right.
Yes, I am scheduled for that tweak on the 8th. However still waiting on the potential 3 bad rotors…….

Are you planning on using the Goodyear 3R for street? The 3R compound has a life cycle of 20-25 heat cycles, after which the compound becomes hard and slippery.
Yes on the street and a few tracks of course. On the street, The heat cycles wont be that extreme, so there more cycles most likely 50.
I only put on 2000m/y, have a Yukon for the cold months, so Im happy if they last a year or so. They are fantastic tires….for now.

Just a heads up on these tires. My last performance car was a C7 Z06 with the Z07 track package. It came with Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires which have a very similar compound. I would not run these on the street. Yeah, they'll be bad in the rain but it isn't about that. These tires have a very limited number of heat cycles before they turn into garbage. If you run them on the street you'll find they become useless even while they still have all their limited tread. It will be a slow change so you might not notice it but once you change tires to something else, such as a PS4S, you'll be blown away how much better the "non race" tires are. If you daily the car these tires will die quickly. If you're not getting on the track with them I'd highly suggest swapping them out and selling them to a track rat. Enjoy!

Also, if anyone is in the NH, VT, ME, Boston area I'd really really appreciate getting a feel for your car. I'm this close to pulling the trigger on a red Plaid S and getting rid of my MP3 with MPP sport suspension.
Yes , im familiar with track tires, not expecting much life but new they are fun. Great sidewall strength also. Don't hesitate to do the upgrade it is a great improvement. Just make sure you check your ride height for compliance (+-5mm) and ask them to put your old rotors in the CC rotor boxes. Check for the absence of red stickers!

Hello,
Further inspection of my track pack shows the stock SAE J1401 rubber brake hoses remain. Is there supposed to be upgraded stainless steel flex brake lines included for the front rotors?
All the best

Attachments

• IMG_1481.png
    IMG_1481.png
    3 MB · Views: 138
Regarding the front rotor brake hoses, just wanted to know if they are original OEM, and/or were they supposed to be changed out for something else. The only specs I was able to find is that they are made in Mexico, “Flexitech’s global standard hose – the 4010, made of EPDM inner and outer tubes with PVA braid – that is the automotive supplier’s largest volume hose“

Just a heads up on these tires. My last performance car was a C7 Z06 with the Z07 track package. It came with Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires which have a very similar compound. I would not run these on the street. Yeah, they'll be bad in the rain but it isn't about that. These tires have a very limited number of heat cycles before they turn into garbage. If you run them on the street you'll find they become useless even while they still have all their limited tread. It will be a slow change so you might not notice it but once you change tires to something else, such as a PS4S, you'll be blown away how much better the "non race" tires are. If you daily the car these tires will die quickly. If you're not getting on the track with them I'd highly suggest swapping them out and selling them to a track rat. Enjoy!

Also, if anyone is in the NH, VT, ME, Boston area I'd really really appreciate getting a feel for your car. I'm this close to pulling the trigger on a red Plaid S and getting rid of my MP3 with MPP sport suspension.
Had cup 2s on my c7z as well hoping to at least get about 5k miles out of them. Already have 1k miles on the track pack set up but will be switching to PS4s once these are done.

Reactions: phantasms
Hello,
Further inspection of my track pack shows the stock SAE J1401 rubber brake hoses remain. Is there supposed to be upgraded stainless steel flex brake lines included for the front rotors?
All the best
The new brake lines are multi layered copper infused rubber. Supposedly they are engineered to hold the pressures of the new setup and have minor expansion upon braking.

Hello,
OK picked up car today with full track pack installed. Some questions I need to get cleared up with some help. From others out there.
After I got home with the old rotors in the original ST boxes I noticed the following. 3 boxes were labeled with bright red stickers indicating Major Large Cracks! Only one box had a green ”good”. Did I just get 3 bad rotors installed? Look at the pictures.
@Lucabratsi Are you really driving a car with CCB rotors that may have Major Large Cracks, without being sure?

Have you at least removed the wheels and inspected the rotors yourself visually? What about your old ones, maybe they noticed cracks on them and labeled them as cracked on the other boxes as a courtesy. Not that those almost-new rotors should be cracked either. But it sure seems like 3 of 4 rotors somewhere are cracked, and you only have 8 with you.

Can you let us know or post some photos of the CCB and old ones. Maybe somebody here can visually identify what might be cracks for you.

@Lucabratsi Are you really driving a car with CCB rotors that may have Major Large Cracks, without being sure?

Have you at least removed the wheels and inspected the rotors yourself visually? What about your old ones, maybe they noticed cracks on them and labeled them as cracked on the other boxes as a courtesy. Not that those almost-new rotors should be cracked either. But it sure seems like 3 of 4 rotors somewhere are cracked, and you only have 8 with you.

Can you let us know or post some photos of the CCB and old ones. Maybe somebody here can visually identify what might be cracks for you.
Hello, great questions. The old steel rotors have no cracks or any damage, almost no wear. Only 4,000 miles on them in a car with regeneration braking. I did take many close up pictures of the new CC rotors and there are natural cracks everywhere, which is normal. Some look larger than others, and one front rotor does have much finer cracking. Maybe this is the one front CC rotor from the box marked “good”. I will find out who/what these red stickers are, and share.

Attachments

• 20230721_150520.jpeg
    20230721_150520.jpeg
    364.9 KB · Views: 50
  • 20230721_150528.jpeg
    20230721_150528.jpeg
    320.2 KB · Views: 70
Reactions: Dan D.
Hello, great questions. The old steel rotors have no cracks or any damage, almost no wear. Only 4,000 miles on them in a car with regeneration braking. I did take many close up pictures of the new CC rotors and there are natural cracks everywhere, which is normal. Some look larger than others, and one front rotor does have much finer cracking. Maybe this is the one front CC rotor from the box marked “good”. I will find out who/what these red stickers are, and share.

Attachments

• IMG_1491.png
    IMG_1491.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 66
  • IMG_1489.png
    IMG_1489.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 65
  • IMG_1488.png
    IMG_1488.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 67
  • Screenshot_20230723_101100_Gallery.jpeg
    Screenshot_20230723_101100_Gallery.jpeg
    406.3 KB · Views: 56
  • Informative
Reactions: Dan D.
It would be interesting is to see if any changes are made that impact the dyno output of the Plaid from the track pack. Here is a screenshot from a Plaid on a dyno run hooked up to a hub dyno. If you look, HP doesn't peak until about 70 mph so it is still ramping up quite a bit and isn't that strong at launch nor is the TQ.

1690120849565.png

Last edited:
Interesting that you should mention that. I was actually searching for it while trying different ride heights to see if any made a difference. I won't say it is gone, but it is barely perceptible and it seemed to move up a few mph which is better for my roads. I feel it at about 44-46 mph now. Before it was 38-42 mph.

If I hadn't experienced it before, I wouldn't have even noticed it now as it was so minimal. It also wasn't consistently there either. The only way I could reproduce it was a slight uphill and very light throttle. On flat level ground I couldn't reproduce it.

I have the CCBs and running on the 21" Arachnids.

• Informative
Reactions: xEvoLveDx