Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model s refresh regenerative braking indicator not working properly

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone else notice on occasion that the regenerative braking status bar does not work proplery? Randomly it will just turn into either a full green or full red bar depending of accelerator pedal is pressed or not. Instead of the moving bar?

Reactions: jiehan
Don't know if this is a factor, but Tesla is adding regular braking to regenerative braking for a consistent feel when regen may be lessened or not available due to car having a full charge, etc.
2022.40.1 Official Tesla Release Notes - Software Updates
1667754268929.png

Last edited:
I don't seem to have this regeneration braking enhancement in the recent update 2022.40.4 on my MS 2015 85D. Perhaps this does not apply to legacy cars? I have tried rebooting with no luck. This is an update I am keen to get working, this time of year I spend driving around the city without full regeneration due to the cold weather.
I wonder if this is not available yet in Canada for some reason?

Same issue in my 2022. I hadn't seen it for a few weeks since the holiday update, but... here it is again... And a video for those who don't know what we're talking about. As mentioned, a reboot fixes it, but... still a bit of a nuisance.

"All input is error"....Elon

Bit seriously, I thought last holiday update fixed that.

Or maybe it was the obligatory reboot after the update...
Reboot solved it clearly for a bit. Not sure if deep sleep fixes it. Left the car so it’s been sleeping and I’ll see if it self resolves when I drive it again over the weekend. Otherwise it’s reboot time!

For me, it started to appear after the first drive, and the bar gets longer and longer, then back to normal after a few days. It hasn’t gotten longer 3 days after the update.
I’d say that’s an anomaly. You can always reboot the car to make it go away, and it will stay away for a while. In any case, I’d say hold off on the celebrations for a bit. We’ll see!