Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S - service line item - "Low Voltage Circuit Integrity Check"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Going to take my car in for AC recharge - and see this on the line items, anyone know what it is?

"Correction: Low Voltage Circuit Integrity Check" - $220
Screenshot 2023-01-17 at 8.25.03 AM.png

I'm impressed on the drag and drop abilities this forum has with images.

• Informative
Reactions: SabrToothSqrl
Anyone know what the low voltage circuit integrity test is for?

My 2012 Model S cabin heat stopped working, it's very faint heat on drivers side vent and all the other vents are basically normal and/or cold. The A/C works fine.

Tried to make an appointment with Tesla and they set that as a diagnosis - I'm unsure if that's related to the heat and/or A/C.

Hey JSD17, I took Miss Tessie in an eval estimate after loosing power assist in my P85 Model S .( A real bear to turn at low speeds)
I just got an estimate for almost $5,700.00 to replace the complete steering system including steering rack, including electrical harness, tie rods, and alignment for the low low price of $ 6,674.00 which doesn't include " access labor repair" whatever that is.

There was a mystery charge of $195.00 = 1 labor hour for -
" Correction: Diagnosis: Low Voltage Circuit Integrity Check." - WHATEVER THAT IS?

In my research scouring the internet I have found no power steering assist remedied by replacing the electric motor on the steering rack, for a lot less money. I have also seen what appears like a default protocol when a customer comes in with no power assist = replace everything.

The sad part is I found one post where exactly that was done for about $5k and the no power steering assist problem came back a couple days later after forking out all that money.

I cant help but wonder , and Im not saying this is what they do by default. Charge one hour for diagnosis which COULD be simply writing up "replace everything" type estimate. AGAIN I'm not saying this is what actually happens but how can everything involved in my power steering be replaced with exception of the ECM, steering column and wheel be an honest repair?? Especially with all of Elons electronic monitoring systems at work measuring, reporting data back to Tesla??
HOw does a wiring harness wear out? YES chaffing, its a possibility rubbing against something but has that been singled out in the diagnostics?..., and the electric motor on rack, was that it tested?? the ECMtested ?.

I cannot find testing protocols anywhere. However, I do know this, there's far too much written about lemon power steering assist problems that go back all the way to 2012 and continue to this day to plague the Tesla brand.
ANY THOUGHTS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED on steering assist solutions and the mysterious " Correction: Diagnosis: Low Voltage Circuit Integrity Check." for $195.00
Thanks in advance from Baltimore Alex.
TY