Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S sightings in Quebec

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just drove by a dark S on Cavendish Blvd. on my way home (he or she going south, me going north). My wife said - LOOK another Tesla and he flashed you!

Unfortunately I was looking at something to the right side of the car, and only caught a glimpse of the car over my shoulder...

If that was you Clea or PB, sorry I couldn't return your flash in time!

Just drove by a dark S on Cavendish Blvd. on my way home (he or she going south, me going north). My wife said - LOOK another Tesla and he flashed you!

Unfortunately I was looking at something to the right side of the car, and only caught a glimpse of the car over my shoulder...

If that was you Clea or PB, sorry I couldn't return your flash in time!

It was me. Was flashing furiously without success ;-) Knew it was you Jeep, the dolphin grey looks very nice.

A bit later, I passed by the Orange Julep and thought that we are due for a get together. Will see how weather looks like for next weekend and PM everybody I know (Clea, toto, Jeep, agileone, zax123, zhino, maybe sly could make the trip)

I saw a black Model S heading north Sunday around 1pm on the highway 15 just before St-Sauveur. too fast for a picture. I made the round trip to l'Estérel hotel twice over the weekend. I was able to park in front of the hotel in a valet parking spot. That's the unofficial parking space they chose for EV. No 240V charging but when I called to see if I could hook up to a power source they were very kind enough to offer that spot.

And met the usual suspects in my neighboorhood over the weekend Jeeps17.

The real test is next week. I have a race in Lévis near Québec City next Sunday. 260km with my 60kWh...

At least this time I did not miss your waving PB!

The blue really pops out in direct sunlight. Gorgeous car !

I was heading to meet my wife and kids in the park north of Ernest Hemmingway, with my youngest in the back. While we were watching the kids play, a Panamera GTS driver drove around the park twice (!) to get a look at my S, then took off in a loud ruckus. We had a good laugh at that...

Even when he was cruising slowly, his car was noisy. I much prefer hearing kids laugh!

With regards to the Estérel, you would think that an upscale hotel in the Laurentians would see the value in offering dedicated charging for their guests with EVs... At least they were able to accommodate you with a prime spot.

noted hans, please PM me your coodinates

- - - Updated - - -

At least this time I did not miss your waving PB!

The blue really pops out in direct sunlight. Gorgeous car !

I was heading to meet my wife and kids in the park north of Ernest Hemmingway, with my youngest in the back. While we were watching the kids play, a Panamera GTS driver drove around the park twice (!) to get a look at my S, then took off in a loud ruckus. We had a good laugh at that...

Even when he was cruising slowly, his car was noisy. I much prefer hearing kids laugh!

With regards to the Estérel, you would think that an upscale hotel in the Laurentians would see the value in offering dedicated charging for their guests with EVs... At least they were able to accommodate you with a prime spot.

Thanks Jeeps17

Re. the Panamera curiosity, I noticed that people driving luxury brands (especially men) are the most sensitive to the Model S beauty. That must be a male alpha thing.

I'll ask sly if he could sell 2 or more units to l'estérel. I go there from time to time

I'll ask sly if he could sell 2 or more units to l'estérel. I go there from time to time

At least 2 CS-90 will be installed in Mont-Laurier by the end of May. L'esterel would be a nice «in between» step since it's only 10 minutes away from the Trans Canadian route.

Let's hope they will have enough power available to install at least one CS-90 ... it would become a nice place to eat and top off in addition to stay there for the night!!

Sly

Hi Sly!

Do you know of any CS-90s being installed or already installed in Tremblant? I'm heading up there to the track to run my S around the track in May, and then renting a condo up there in August...

Rob

Unfortunately, nothing I'm aware of. But I know that Fairmount has 2 Electric Circuit 30 Amps EVSE there. For a night charge it will do the job! Make sure you order your Circuit Electric magnetic card!

Dyslexic for this thread...
I spotted a Quebec Model S in California last weekend

photo.JPG

From personal experience, you really need to have a power source AT or very near the track, so you can plug in whenever you're not driving. You use amazing amounts of power. (Yes I know the owner at Tremblant has a, uh, reputation for being, uh, uncooperative.)

From personal experience, you really need to have a power source AT or very near the track, so you can plug in whenever you're not driving. You use amazing amounts of power. (Yes I know the owner at Tremblant has a, uh, reputation for being, uh, uncooperative.)

Thanks Doug,

Closest one is 4km away at the Fairmont and it's only a 30A... I need at least 200km of range to get home, so at 30A, that's 5 hours of charging if I'm at zero, which I could be after the 200km trek to get there plus a few spins around the track... then again I'll only get a few spins around the track..

If you know the owner, can you ask him to put in a CS-90 by the 22nd of May please? :)

Good luck with that one lol. Better idea is to stay the night so you can go to the track with a full pack. You'd probably get a couple of sessions in no problem. Also far better to be near the top of the pack, because From what has been posted elsewhere it'll back your power down if the projected range is under 30 miles. And with track power usage it could do that with the battery half full!

Love to hear how the Model S does at Tremblant. I've only had a couple of days there but it's a great track.

Good luck with that one lol. Better idea is to stay the night so you can go to the track with a full pack. You'd probably get a couple of sessions in no problem. Also far better to be near the top of the pack, because From what has been posted elsewhere it'll back your power down if the projected range is under 30 miles. And with track power usage it could do that with the battery half full!

Love to hear how the Model S does at Tremblant. I've only had a couple of days there but it's a great track.

Yeah I asked my brother who does his AV (the owner...) if he could ask him to put in a charger. My brother just started laughing. So I guess that's a no. :)

I'm starting to think the whole Tremblant track day might not be a great idea. :p

@TeslaMotors can you please install a supercharger at Circuit Tremblant? :smile:

well if it's any consolation La Ville de Mont Tremblant is on board for adding extra EVSEs through the circuit electrique so we won't be stuck with just the ones at the Fairmount ...

here is the press release ...

That is somewhat a consolation, but Circuit Electrique has to start using chargers with more than 30A capacity. I'll write to them now just for fun...

If any other Quebecers would like to write to Circuit Electrique, the email address is [email protected]. I'm sure if they hear from a few of us, it may make a difference...

Here's my "bilingual" email I just sent them:

Bonjour!

J'espere que vous allez bien.

J'ai une question/suggestion au sujet du Circuit Electrique. Je suis anglophone alors je vais ecrire la question en anglais parce que je peux mieux m'exprimer en anglais...

I was wondering if the Circuit Electrique had any plans to deploy higher-amperage charging stations. I own a Tesla Model S which can handle up to 80A of AC charging and of course charges much faster at that rate than the 30A the current stations offer. I was just curious if you had any plans to deploy such stations.

Merci beaucoup!

Last edited: