Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Spec just updated overnight!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Posting in here too as just updated the general forum.

Hey, I'm new to the forum and based here in the UK.
Went in to my local Tesla showroom this morning near Heathrow in London for a test drive, walked out having just ordered my brand new Tesla Model S 75D!!! So excited.
As we all do, I've been spending a lot of time in the Design studio recently right up to last night. Went in this morning and went to spec the car and overnight, a load of changes have been made making the car even better value. Here's what now comes standard:
- Smart air suspension
- The premium upgrades pack price has gone up by £1200 BUT it now includes the High fidelity sound pack and the Sub zero pack which were a lot more than £1200 combined before (not sure by how much)
- Glass roof is now standard, Sunroof is an upgrade. No option for a colour roof now.
- You can order a cream interior now instead of the tan which has been removed from the options list.
- Silver 21" turbines have been removed, you can only get them in grey now

The price has come down slightly too for the standard car to £64,700 for a 75D.

Aaron, the guy I was dealing with was gobsmacked, he was literally reading an update email as we were speccing the car so a surprise to him too. He said it will be because Tesla are trying to simplify production due to high demand. We worked it through and given the overnight updates, I've decided to take the plunge! Coming now at the end of September will be my...

Tesla Model S 75D (4.2 secs to 60!)
Midnight Silver
Cream interior with carbon fibre trim
21" grey turbine wheels
Glass sunroof
Premium upgrades pack (now including HF sound and sub zero pack)
Enhanced Autopilot
Used a referral code so £750 off and got Free Supercharging now too :)

There is now literally nothing else I could spec outside of rear facing seats and winter tyres. I'm pondering adding the fully autonomous driving pack ready for when some/all of these features are activated.

I'm new to the forum so forgive me if some of my facts are incorrect but go look in the design studio for yourselves, not kidding, it's all there for you too now!

I'm SO excited, I've been searching for a car that would light my fire and this is it. I know it's no P100D (That would be liked £140k with the same spec as above) but my god, it pulled like a train on the test drive (We drove a 90D on the test drive which has the same 0-60 time). It felt like I was on a rollercoaster, I ran out of guts before the car did. The traction with AWD was relentless too.

I'm going to love this car and I know I've made the right decision. Happy happy days!

Anyway, be great to get some feedback from you guys!

Cheers
Wes

Congratulations! You certainly won't regret it. Same model and colour as mine although I stayed with 19" wheels. Great that you benefited from the spec tweaks.

I'd be a tad cautious on the end of Sept delivery. It is end of quarter and they deliver as many as they can but the logistics are what they are. Get used to Tesla Time!