Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S store maintenance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

vfx

Aug 18, 2006
CA CA
With the delivery of cars starting in a few months I would expect that the team at Freemont has been writing up Model S service manuals, creating specialized tools (there are always a few special tools), and diagnostic equipment. Training Rangers and store folks will happen as the cars start rolling out. There might be classes or videos for repair crews, some kind of "certification" and safety procedures all will all have be addressed. Some stores are small enough that they might need a local warehouse to hold the new bigger cars and batteries.

Anyone seen a sign of this preparation at their local stores?

With the delivery of cars starting in a few months I would expect that the team at Freemont has been writing up Model S service manuals, creating specialized tools (there are always a few special tools), and diagnostic equipment. Training Rangers and store folks will happen as the cars start rolling out. There might be classes or videos for repair crews, some kind of "certification" and safety procedures all will all have be addressed. Some stores are small enough that they might need a local warehouse to hold the new bigger cars and batteries.

Anyone seen a sign of this preparation at their local stores?

The Dania Store is expanding because the TM is opening up a new Store on south Beach and the Dania store will covert into a service center for the Roadster and Model S'.

I have not seen any training videos, training documents, no service manuals, nor owners manuals for the Model S program. I guess we are all waiting for the first sightings.

The Dania Store is expanding because the TM is opening up a new Store on south Beach and the Dania store will covert into a service center for the Roadster and Model S'.

I have not seen any training videos, training documents, no service manuals, nor owners manuals for the Model S program. I guess we are all waiting for the first sightings.

Crud. I live in Palm Beach County. Can Tesla just open a store up here?

At the risk of sounding harsh -- really? You're 60 miles from a store. All of New England is being serviced from Boston; all of the Midwest, from Chicago. A substantial fraction of reservation holders can't get to a Tesla facility without stopping to charge.

Well right now the Southeast is being serviced by ... Washington DC, and the same Miami store. I am over 600 miles from a store.